Jim Carrey Online

Fun With Dick & Jane (Review when you see it)

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and PSP.

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:45 pm

I watched it yesterday and it was really good but I expected a little bit more. Most of the real funny scenes where already in the trailers, many jokes in the movie are not so good. I also don't like that one can nearly always say how things will develop and I did not like the ending very much. But nevertheless a funny movie, much better than Majestic, Eternal Sunshine and Lemony Snicket. I can't wait for the DVD.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby Lana » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:18 pm

herrray!lol i just saw the movie now, by the way me and my friend had a little adventure b4 going to the theater ,
we asked my friend's mom to take s there coz we didn't find any cab, and it was raining and everything, after her mom agreed to take us and while we were in the car, it turned out to be such a huge traffic, and we waited and waited, and the movie was going to start after 15m,and her mom kinda got mad, and the rain was getting heavier and heavier , and the movie was about to start , so got out from the car , and started running in the rain till we reached the mall , and u looked like mess, and runned again till we reached the right theater and finally we got there, and turned that the movie started when we got there, they deliaed or sth,so we didn't miss anything, thank god!
and i was so excited to see it , let me tell u, this movie is probably one of the best i seen for Jim, it was just fun, actually i'm kind of surprised that most of u guys didn't like a lot, i'm not saying u didn't like at all. i thought it was really really funny. i loved it, it's onna of my top fav for Jim, seriously, oh by the way, did Jim look really sexy in this one or wt? he was so hot, that i wanted to cry, . ok, now i advice any one who didn't see it to go and see it. have fun,lol
:lol:
Charades , pop skill , Water hyacinth , named by a poet. Imitation of life.
>>>>tangerine<<<<
Lana
Dumb & Dumber

Postby jimlover » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:26 pm

wow gr8 lana.then u had a gr8 fun with it. :D
[i][b]Somebody to luv me(Jim)[/b][/i]
jimlover
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Jim_15 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:45 pm

Jim Carrey was soooooooooooooo Funny but i hated the beginging it sucked how it paused and like "Meet Dick" i just hated that but after that it was very funny!!!!! I hope Jim sticks with more comedys he must show his amazing talent more offten hes great in "The Truman Show" and after that hes slowing loseing his crown for the funny man but with "Used Guys" and "Ripleys Belive it or Not" on the way hes really a star. But i remain a loyal Carrey fan and what ever he does is always great because its him! GREAT JOB Carrey!!!! THE FUNNIEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR!!!
Jim Carrey RULES
Jim_15

Postby omnipresence » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:31 am

I saw the film yesterday and it was amazing. I loved it from start to end.
I loved it when he went on TV and had to answer questions to that guy. And I thaught the news reader looked really funny when the news program starts.
My best quote from the film was when he was in Jack Mcallisters home and Jack says "Call me Jack" and Dick replies "likewise". That really got me.

And to top it all off I have got a Card bord cut out of Jim from the Cinema. They said I have to come to collect it in three weeks. They wouldnt let me have it on day of release so I signed a form to collect it in three weeks.

Thanks for the idea fluffy.
"You Cant Stop Me No Matter Who You Are"
omnipresence
Burt Wonderstone

Postby fluffy » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:58 pm

Having seen it on the first day of release in the UK i can finally throw in my tuppence worth...........lol

Well i loved it............it was a harmless but poignant romp......and it had a message relevant to today's society........
Yes, there were certain areas of weakness........some scenes were too short other's too long............and we never really got into the characters beyond Jim, Tea and Alec............
but there were however plenty gems to be had.............Sonny and Cher for one.......and the first 'hold up'........not forgetting the dog zapper........
And the poignant moments were special too...........when he watches the sleeping Jane after her botched Botox and says 'you're still pretty'.............
And when he loses out of the painting job you can't help but feel for him and when he reads the foreclosure notice and the scene with Alec in the bank when he basically cracks ...........but devisively so..............

But i couldn't help but notice references to things personal to Jim.......there were certain cues and words and phrases that sounded as though they came from Jim ......
For me they gave an authentic touch that fans of Jim's would understand but general critics might not............
There was the line from Tea about losing the house, how Billy would become eternally insecure an unable to form stable relationships.........
And the crafty line in the bank ,after Alec catches them, Tea- 'i didn't know you could act'...... :wink:
I wouldn't be at all surprised if these lines came from Jims re-write sessions........authentic and relevant.........with feelings behind them......

I'd have been interested in viewing the first cut B4 the re-writes.........or seeing the original script............perhaps the DVD will have some cuts for us.............

But all in all an enjoyable movie.......gentle in execution but presenting a serious topic matter........i'd give it 7/10......

fluffy :wink:
Last edited by fluffy on Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby trishroberts » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:19 pm

I saw it yesterday, I really enjoyed but others have said it wasnt my fav Jim Film. I think the tea Jim relationship worked with the little touches like when he got the lawn back and tea Says " Its beautiful" very sweet. Best bits were he gets kicked in the balls and dodges all the water bottles, and getting held up by the police when he lost his ID. But I also found myself kinda agreeing with Jonathon Ross in a small way, some scenes I felt where a little too contrived even for a comedy. Jim doing the Dick Van Dyke puppet thing was a little too good and somehow Im not comfortable with Jim doing drunk....I dont know why. I am still very much looking forward to the DVD release.
trishroberts
Man on the Moon

Postby stickychewy2005 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:31 pm

saw it 2day its great really funny :lol:
jade
stickychewy2005

Postby MandyCarrey » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:19 pm

YAY got to see Fun with dick and Jane on sat whoooo! i luv it it was muich beta thn i thought it wud be frm wat sum ppl hav bin sayin abt it lol.. i wanna see it agen now lol!! hurry up and come out on dvd lol!!!

hopefully i shud be able to see it agen coz one of mates cudnt make it so we sed we wud hang out another time.. fingers crossed lol :D
MandyCarrey
Yes Man

Postby Niobe » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:17 pm

Went to see it on Saturday night and I have to confess that although I laughed at it, I would only rate it as average. Not a Jim classic.

Started well and the storyline seemed to be developing OK. But mid-way through I was really starting to get worried that it was turning into a turkey. :cry: Luckily, by the end I felt it had perked up nicely and the ending was a warm happy moment!

After being disappointed in Jonathan Ross's review, I too can kinda see what he meant. I wouldn't be so harsh, but I felt the film floundered in the middle and just seemed to lose itself, kept going merely by the fact Jim knows how to be funny.

I like Tea Leoni and thought she really did gel with Jim. They had some lovely, and funny, moments.

Best bits: Dick live on TV as the company crumbles, the bank scenes at the end, drunk in bar scene, and so on.

Worst bit: where they were dressed in black on that job, using the electronic voices. I really cringed at that. :|

I'll give it six out of ten.

I look forward to "23" with more enthusiasm. 8-[
Everybody should believe in something.
I believe I'll have another coffee!
Niobe
Dumb and Dumber To

I wanted to see it again but....

Postby Canadian Jayne » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:55 pm

I went swimming two days in a row and am still fighting the extracted tooth syndrome etc., by the evening I was exhausted and just watched reruns of the voters choice thingy, sorry I wanted to go, body just gave out. There were a few parts that dragged but they were tiny and the movie moved on and I did enjoy it, it was worth the money, it is value for your dollar, exactly that, entertaining.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby xxangela4hamsterxx » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:43 pm

YEH it was great it was gd coz u didnt no what was gonna happen next then u just started laughing me and my friend wernt gonna c it bt we did coz the other movie wasnt on screen

we r so glad we wotched it tho :D
xxangela4hamsterxx

Postby Anna Chalova » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:21 pm

HAPPY PEOPLE!!!!
:cry:
"I really want to love somebody. I do. I just don't know if it's possible forever and ever." JC
(\(\.........../)/)
(=',').......(','=)
(..(")(")(")(")..)
Anna Chalova
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby thecablegal » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:56 am

I saw it tonight, and some of the bits were REALLY funny, but it wasn't a typical Jim film. I'd seen a lot of the movie in trailers, etc, so that was a shame, but I did laugh a lot. My Mum liked when he was saying that word that means being questioned... he said it about 20 times, and she laughed hysterically. My sister also enjoyed it.

Jim was ADORABLE in it, even my Mum was flustered all the way through!

It looked a bit rushed, and it's a shame because it had the potential of being better.

3 out of 5

It was so strange seeing this movie now. We've been talking about it for nearly 2 years, and now I've seen it! My, how time flies!
Last edited by thecablegal on Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Muse - 10, 11, 14, 22 & 23 November 2006
Muse - Wembley Stadium - 16 & 17 June 2007
Muse - Royal Albert Hall - 12 April 2008
Muse - 10 November 2009 & 13 November 2009
Muse - 11 September 2010
thecablegal
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby cotton » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:52 am

WB Jenna! :D
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff