Jim Carrey Online

The Number 23 (Review when you see it)

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Postby fluffy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:17 pm

i saw the flaws............i saw past them..............it's each to their own......i can forgive the weak parts for Jim's astonising portrayal of the character in torment.............

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby 123Dan123 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:26 pm

Yeah, there were a couple flaws I seen. But for the most part, it was good :)
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby gothichyppie » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:27 pm

My 2 cents on The Number 23 (I thought all weekend about what I would write) – *MILD SPOILERS*

The scenario had some weak points, no doubt about that but the movie managed to balance itself with a very beautiful cinematography. But of course, you all know what my priority was and I wasn’t disappointed by his performance, I never am! Ahem, about Fingerling, I’ve had this sudden urge to lick that back until I could taste the ink and I considered a few ways to make him forget about Fabrizia, and I’m not talking about cooking him dinner! :twisted: Oops, I didn't write that, did I? :oops:
So I’ll see the movie again this week and I’ll have to watch it in French next weekend when I’ll bring my mother along.
---[...]------
gothichyppie
Burt Wonderstone

Frankly

Postby babygirl_lace » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:18 pm

Well, I've actually seen this movie twice because I thought it to be very good. I liked the twists and turns and for myself was unable to depict who the murder was. I thought the script was well written and the preformances especially Jim's went with my expectation of what he is capable of...I am pretty sure in the acting world there isn't a lot this man isn't able to do.

I know what you all mean seeing the number afterwards...left the parking lot of the theater and what did I drive right by??? A local gas station with the numbers 2.39...another person had the license plate with 23 something or other. I liked...no absoultely one hundred percent loved this movie...Eternal Sunshine and 23 are my all time favorite Jim movies. I like the serious Jim... funny Jim is great too, but serious Jim...damn! It's hot!
~Lex~

"No day but today!" ~RENT~
babygirl_lace
Batman Forever

Postby Artoftiamat » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:44 pm

I thought the film was great. Jim has proved once and for all that he is more than capable of acting in a serious role. Visually, the 'film noir' characteristics were brilliant, very dark and gritty.

I don't care what the critics say, I think that the acting was second to none. The story had enough twists and turns to keep most people guessing until the end.

Most 'professional' critics and the acadamy alike will never give a Jim Carrey performance a good review simply because of his history as a comedian. And that is wrong.

This film was a thoroughly enjoyable film. Whatever flaws people think they find, who cares. Show me a film without any flaws. And what are these supposed plot holes. I would like to know..
Artoftiamat
The Duck Factory

Postby gothichyppie » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:56 pm

That reminds me, I'm positive that many people in the audience expected yet again another comedy, a '+13 for violence' laugh riot.
The movie starts off quietly and Walter is being funny, not hilarious, just cute, but some people were laughing just way too loud. I remember the same thing happening with The Truman Show, people we’re looking too hard for jokes. The ones who still think Jim is just a comic actor need to climb out from under their rock.
---[...]------
gothichyppie
Burt Wonderstone

Postby fluffy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:41 pm

you gotta see it at least twice, We're not critics, just punters and if you wanna really enjoy it you'll need to leave your critics hat at the door! .......the second time i got so much more from it......i saw past the surface humour and got what they were trying to portray.....whether or not there are flaws, if you look beyond them you'll see it in a whole new light. :wink:

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

nicely put

Postby babygirl_lace » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:53 pm

"Leave your critics hat at the door." Nicely put fluffs.
~Lex~

"No day but today!" ~RENT~
babygirl_lace
Batman Forever

Postby grinchy steve » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:12 pm

Meh. Last weekend I saw Hannibal Rising and no matter how hard I wanted to love the movie, I just couldn't say it was good at the end. There were many, many flaws. And the fact that Gaspard Ulliel his performance was more then good and I absolutely enjoyed him having those Lecter-moments, didn't change a thing.

So, "leave your critic-hat at the door" is something I would say to "protect" our beloved Jim from any bad buzz around his latest film. But in my head I know that in the end, it's just the wrong thing to say, totally. If it's enjoyabel and just ok, I will appriciate it for being ok. But if it ain't good, it ain't good. It's that simple.

(besides that, it's a nice way to put it, fluffy :) )

Now, this weekend I will finally see 23. \:D/
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby ms daffodil » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:30 am

wow, thnx for all who have provided such good reviews!!

i still have to wait for long till i get to see it!!! :? :roll: :wink:

Artoftiamat wrote: Most 'professional' critics and the acadamy alike will never give a Jim Carrey performance a good review simply because of his history as a comedian. And that is wrong.

That's unfair!!!! :x but u know maybe now that he made this movie, he'll prove them wrong! :wink:
please turn that frown upside down! :)
ms daffodil
The Duck Factory

Postby Flame23 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:54 am

Sadly imdb gave it an 6.8 now
First it takes hold of your mind...then it takes hold of your life.
Flame23

Postby curliewurlie » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:10 pm

Simply put....i loved it!! I could not turn away from the screen. Great performance and the storyline was brilliant!
xx
curliewurlie
The Duck Factory

Postby gothichyppie » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:13 pm

ms daffodil wrote:wow, thnx for all who have provided such good reviews!!

i still have to wait for long till i get to see it!!! :? :roll: :wink:

Artoftiamat wrote: Most 'professional' critics and the acadamy alike will never give a Jim Carrey performance a good review simply because of his history as a comedian. And that is wrong.

That's unfair!!!! :x but u know maybe now that he made this movie, he'll prove them wrong! :wink:

That makes my blood boil real good! :evil:
---[...]------
gothichyppie
Burt Wonderstone

Postby MandyCarrey » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:09 pm

Omg i added my birthday up to and mine came to 23 freaky lol
31/5/87 3+1= 4 +5 is 9 then 9 plus 8 is 16+ 7 is 23
MandyCarrey
Yes Man

Postby ms daffodil » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:37 pm

what the ...!!! :?

check it out!!

i added my birthday too!!

Look!

18/2/84

1+8=9 9+2=11 11+8=19 19+4=23!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:? :lol: :lol:
please turn that frown upside down! :)
ms daffodil
The Duck Factory

PreviousNext

Return to (2007) The Number 23