Jim Carrey Online

Ace 3?

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Ace 3?

Postby Twigggy » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:43 am

Now that production for Dumb and Dumber To might be stalled, I was just wondering if anybody would be up for another Ace Ventura? I remember reading in an article last year that Carrey was open to another Ace Ventura movie - though I haven't heard any more about it.

Maybe with a decent script, and Tom Shadyac again at the helm, and not Steve Oedekerk, the movie would work.

I'd certainly pay to see it :ace:
Follow me on Twitter: @RealJackBristow
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Re: Ace 3?

Postby fluffy » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:01 am

something tells me no.......Jim didn't want to do Ace 2 but was contractually bound to do it.....
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Twigggy » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:18 am

I thought that too but Jim told Extra this last year in an interview:

"I think I should be a part of one of my sequels, finally. I am in the mood to revisit a couple of things that I did. Kids are coming up to me about The Mask and Ace and all these things constantly. You know, [it's a new] generation [of fans]."

As cool as a new Ace would be, I think I still would prefer a new Dumb and Dumber to another Ace movie; though another Ace could be very awesome. Another Mask kind of seems a bit contrived in my opinion, but hell, I'm sure Jim could make that work too, with a good enough script.

I'm not too psyched about another Bruce Almighty, I have to confess.
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby grinchy steve » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:20 am

He said once he would do it if the time was right, the people involved were right and the script was right. While promoting Eternal Sunshine. It was during a talkshow, can't remember the name.

But hey ... One can hope. While I don't believe in Dumbe and Dumber 2 or (my god) Bruce Almighty 2 ... If there's one sequel I actually do believe in, it's Ace Ventura. It wouldn't ask for a forced script ... it would just be a new adventure. Jim would be able to go full speed ahead for the first time since ... the '90s ? Love to see that! And Ace woul be a trilogy. Love the idea. :ace:
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:48 pm

i still live in hope they can sort out the issues which blocked Dumb and Dumber 2.........i wholeheartedly believe it should be made....... [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Twigggy » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:08 am

"He said once he would do it if the time was right, the people involved were right and the script was right. While promoting Eternal Sunshine. It was during a talkshow, can't remember the name."

So he's been thinking about it for awhile, that's cool. The great thing about Ace is there are so many situations he can be put in, so many places he can be sent to, and it never feels forced, because Ace is such a broad character.

And I agree, Fluffy: I hope Dumb and Dumber gets made too. Jeff Daniels seems optimistic; so do the Farrellys. Jeff Daniels and Jim Carrey have such remarkable chemistry for such a silly movie.

It'd be a crying-shame if Dumb and Dumber To never gets made. But, I think since all four parties really want to do it, we'll get the movie...sooner or later.
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby fluffy » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:52 am

yeah, i reckon so too......i feel it in my bones........lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Pinky73 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:33 am

I love Jim Carrey hes cute cute cute cute so cute he's cute cute cute c ute cute and real cute
Pinky73

Postby carreylegend » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:07 pm

Pinky73 wrote:I love Jim Carrey hes cute cute cute cute so cute he's cute cute cute c ute cute and real cute

ha I/we know xxx
carreylegend
Bruce Almighty

Postby Jimcarrey#1fan23 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:23 am

Pinky73 wrote:I love Jim Carrey hes cute cute cute cute so cute he's cute cute cute c ute cute and real cute

Everybody agrees! Who doesn't?
"everything was going so well, why are you doing this Stephen? I made you breakfast, and we were eating and...... The scramby eggs!" -Chip Douglas, the cable guy
Jimcarrey#1fan23
The Itsy Bitsy Spider

Postby xcage » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:18 pm

Really wanna see Ace 3 Jim....
xcage

Postby Twigggy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:56 pm

Who owns the rights to "Ace" -- Warner Brothers or Morgan Creek? I'm not sure Warner Bros would ever greenlight an "Ace 3" considering they didn't want to give "Dumb and Dumber To" the go-ahead.

However, if D&TO ends up being a financial success -- and I'm betting it will be -- then I could easily see Warner Bros greenlighting another "Ace" movie. And if they don't, maybe Morgan Creek could just find another distributor.
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby jim carrey 85 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:43 pm

Twigggy wrote:Who owns the rights to "Ace" -- Warner Brothers or Morgan Creek? I'm not sure Warner Bros would ever greenlight an "Ace 3" considering they didn't want to give "Dumb and Dumber To" the go-ahead.

However, if D&TO ends up being a financial success -- and I'm betting it will be -- then I could easily see Warner Bros greenlighting another "Ace" movie. And if they don't, maybe Morgan Creek could just find another distributor.

Jim would turn down movie :D
"It's Going To Be LEGEND wait for it DARY.....LEGENDARY"-Barney Stinson (How i met your mother!)
jim carrey 85
The Truman Show

Postby grinchy steve » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:49 pm

Ace 1 was in his hometown, case about the Miami Dolphins mascotte.
Ace 2 was in Africa, case about the stolen white bat.

Ace 3 ... Where should it take place or what should it be about?

I think it would be great if they start the movie in Miami, but find a way to make Ace travel a bit ... through Europe maybe? A bit more action (when not interupting the comedy) couldn't hurt either, I think.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby EvaAraujo » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:27 pm

grinchy steve wrote:Ace 1 was in his hometown, case about the Miami Dolphins mascotte.
Ace 2 was in Africa, case about the stolen white bat.

Ace 3 ... Where should it take place or what should it be about?

I think it would be great if they start the movie in Miami, but find a way to make Ace travel a bit ... through Europe maybe? A bit more action (when not interupting the comedy) couldn't hurt either, I think.

Starting in Antartida.... "Mr. Popper Penguins have gone missing so he hired Ace to find them... In the vast of ice can Ace find the penguins before he loses his sanity?"
Ace travels to Europe to find the zookeeper who kidnapp them!

:lol:
Should I start a script? :lol:
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Next

Return to Upcoming Movies