Jim Carrey Online

Ace 3?

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Re: Ace 3?

Postby fluffy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:30 am

i think the door has probably fallen off it's hinges by now......lol :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby indy-jones » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:30 am

Morgan Creek just announced they're already working on a Ace Ventura reboot. With or without Jim Carrey is anybody's guess.
indy-jones
Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls

Postby grinchy steve » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:02 am

That's insane!
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Canadian Jayne » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:09 pm

Yessssssssss

Only Justin B would do this
One justice
Thats my opinion
On that one
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Canadian Jayne » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:11 pm

Other than Jim
That is
;)
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:54 pm

i'd like to see Jim dressed up as an extremely old Ace, think grey hair, no teeth, a tremor and using a walker...he's then approached by a young pet detective who he trains and takes under his wing...a bit like the karate kid but with pets.....lol......Jim could be like a wise old pet oracle who eventually saves the day. :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Twigggy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:22 am

It's impossible to see anyone else in the role except Jim Carrey. At least with "The Mask," you could imagine a sequel, and someone else finding the mask and having a completely different adventure. The screenwriters just screwed that one up. But Ace Ventura without Jim Carrey? Good luck. It isn't going to work.

I remember reading they wanted to maybe show Ace's son in the movie. I think the only way that could work would be if Ace's son were totally different, not an oddball at all like his father. Maybe, even, the son could be in some respected profession and ashamed of his father. There are certain angles that could make this movie very interesting.

But if they're going to try a "passing of the torch" type thing, they're just wasting their time. That never works. As I recall they tried doing that with the last Indiana Jones movie, and now Harrison Ford is coming back for the next movie. (I don't believe the actor who played his son is even involved.)

Well, I won't lie: This whole project has me intrigued. If Jim signs up for it, I'll certainly have more faith in it, trusting his judgment.

Plus, we still know he has no trouble tapping into his old characters. He did a fantastic job with :lloyd: I thought.
Follow me on Twitter: @RealJackBristow
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby Canadian Jayne » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:48 am

Agreed;)
Still say
JB shd b im it too
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby White Devil » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:56 pm

Hi folks, I'm relatively new to the forum. :)

Just a wee message to draw your attention to a novel I have written, with Jim very much in mind. It's called Ace Ventura - White Devil.

Essentially a continuation of the Ace story. Or Ace 3, if you will. Here is a short synopsis-

It's a deep, dark and twisted tale, but not without humour, about Ace. Ace, as you have never seen him before.

He is older, wiser and just a tiny bit more insane. He has taken to vigilante style justice, utilising his animal rights organisation, ACE (Animal Cruelty Extermination), to protect the innocent animals of the world, at any cost.

And he goes by the name - White Devil.

A young FBI agent, Joshua Jamieson, is tasked with infiltrating ACE in an attempt to find and stop the White Devil, before he kills again.

But what Jamieson learns along the way, rocks the foundations of the reality he thought he knew.

Who is next on the White Devil's list?

Can Jamieson stop the White Devil before he strikes again, and before he loses his own mind in the process?

It's a...different...Ace tale but one crafted carefully with Jim, the films and Ace in mind. I've given Ace an origin story, a history, a family and a conundrum that will test the detective and the humanity inside him. I would love to hear some feedback from Ace and Jim fans. Have I done the character justice, or have I gone too far!? ;)

Thanks and I hope to hear from you, fellow...Jimmers? So if Star Trek fans get Trekkers/Trekkies, what do Jim fans get!?
White Devil
Once Bitten

Postby Canadian Jayne » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:44 am

Cant see Jim's
Ace character as
White Devil
I can see him as a
"Save the animals and
Environment"
A wisened Cocky but not Evil
More of a Tree Talker
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Canadian Jayne » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:46 am

Not just a tree hugger but
Where nature talks to him
U may even be able to
Develope a mother nature
Character in there somewhete
Betty white could be great for
That character
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Canadian Jayne » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:50 am

Jiammies
And many Canadians show
Their support by wearing
Pajamas places other
Than at home
So if u ever see a Canadian
Doing that and realize
They r p :shock: :lol:
probably a Jim Carrey fan
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby White Devil » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:56 am

Hi Canadian Jayne!

Yes, when I was developing the idea for the book I struggled with the idea of Ace being a killer. Upon researching the first film I discovered that in the script, Ace actually kills someone, and another commits suicide. The films themselves have violence throughout, okay, it's 'comedy violence', but it's there. So, this and the idea of vigilante style justice to protect animals at any cost, with my preference for a darker tale, helped me see Ace in a new light. The book is not meant to glorify violence. I'm pulling on the sentiment I hear from so many people for 'eye for an eye' vigilante style justice. I want the reader to explore it, to see that it can be a powerful mechanism to create change, but, I want them to, ultimately, reject it, seeing it for the hypocrisy that it is. This and aspects of the past I have written for Ace explains how Ace turns to the dark side, turns into the White Devil.

Also, Jim would nail this role. He has already played a killer, a darker character, in Number 23 and I loved his performance in that movie.

And, there IS a mother nature entity in my book that talks with Ace! Spooky.

It's...tricky...when you mess with an established and loved character, but in my story, Ace is still loveable, he's still Ace, and you go through a personal, deep, and turmoil ridden journey through his mind. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Redemption, perhaps.

I hope you can give it a chance. aceventurawhitedevil.wordpress.com
White Devil
Once Bitten

Postby fluffy » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:20 pm

Ace a killer?............Nooooooooooo :shock: .........(a ladykiller perhaps but not a real killer.. :wink: :lol: )
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby White Devil » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:41 am

fluffy wrote:Ace a killer?............Nooooooooooo :shock: .........(a ladykiller perhaps but not a real killer.. :wink: :lol: )

Haha! I know, I know. It's a tough one to get your mind around. Ace...a killer. You'll have to give the book a chance to understand how it could happen! ;)

Also, I see your location is Scotland, like me! Where in Scotland are you?
White Devil
Once Bitten

PreviousNext

Return to Upcoming Movies