Jim Carrey Online

Jim Carrey in more dramas

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Jim Carrey in more dramas

Postby tlmarvin » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:44 pm

Thursday, July 25, 2013--6:41 am CST
Morning,
Jim Carrey is a great comic actor, but I would love to see him do more
dramas.He's a very dramatic actor as well a great comic actor. I liked every drama he's been in. I have all the serious movies he did on DVD.

Sincerely,

Terry M (Dallas, Texas)
tlmarvin
Fun With Dick And Jane

Re: Jim Carrey in more dramas

Postby JimCarreyschick » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:43 pm

Same here I'd love to see him do more dramas especially when he does the passionate love scenes.

Jen :)
JimCarreyschick
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby grinchy steve » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:35 am

It's about time Jim Carrey is getting back on track, carreer-wise.

Burt Wonderstone bombed (and he had the gun-thing), Kick-Ass 2 (and the long cameo) won't do the trick (he turned his back on it) and his last dramady was good, but half of the world never heard of 'Phillip Morris', because of the studio-problems. He had his fun with children movies and OK-comedies lately. He deserves more, on every level.

So I hope with all my heart Dumb and Dumber To is able to win big time at the box-office. Interesting for future roles. And please, please let him get involved in the right projects again. I'm still hoping for someone like Alexander Payne to cast Jim in one of his next movies and both critics and audiance respond in a very positive way. It will be good for him as an actor and for his carreer.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:33 am

Jim is an amazing serious actor......he has such pathos and soul and i really feel he needs to tap into that more.....He has the ability to blow peoples minds if he has the right project.......... :)
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Jimcarrey#1fan23 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:08 pm

He is a great serious actor, but I feel like people don't realize that because they just relate him to his comedies. And they don't understand that funny people are good actors!! :lol: :P :kaufman:
"everything was going so well, why are you doing this Stephen? I made you breakfast, and we were eating and...... The scramby eggs!" -Chip Douglas, the cable guy
Jimcarrey#1fan23
The Itsy Bitsy Spider

Postby Catherine » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:39 pm

James is seriously a great phenomenal actor all around.
I in my humble opinion do not think he should even do dumb and drummer 2.
I don't feel confident that it will be great or even boost his persona in any way now...20 years ago it could and did fly..to everyone's surprise I read..the creators of the film...but if it doesn't do well, it will harm JCs career like take a deep cut,dive. In my heart that what I think...feelings wise, JC should wait for the right one now, and not take just any roll just because. OK scenario what if I was thinking...cause I'm 52 myself, and I was thinking what if I had only let's say 10 years left to live...how would I live it?... when I asked my self that, more questions came up, like am I happy with the person I'm with/married to? And if I was dying of a disease would I want to be with this person? My answers to myself, being honest with myself was NO! So I knew I had to make changes in my life and I did. I didn't want my last 10 years on this planet to be mediocre. And for j
James how would he want people to remember his best as and for during the latter part of his life , or the last half of it, and by the looks of his direction that he is on a more meaningful path n journey his betteru an writing kids books, and his advocacy against violence his stand for peace...all including his artists and creative self, paint a picture that is awe inspiring and serene and beautiful...and to take a risk at a possible role or make a decision on something anything that conflicts what all his good efforts he has himself done, created by him, his inner expansive conscious creative being and awareness,,,,it would be like shitting on everything good he has done past present and future.

I think he should hold off for a great story true story Drama ..
Like movie on Ripley and call it Believe it or not! And I believe James should act direct andproduce it, and his daughter should be in it as well and if he needs help he should get someone
if at all things seem or appear to fail, just remember that 'LOVE WINS"
Catherine
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby Comedy Caper » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:13 pm

I LOVED Carrey in The Truman Show (it's my favorite Carrey) but I rather see Carrey in comedies, not because they're better, just because comedy is my favorite genre.
Comedy Caper
Introducing Janet

Postby grinchy steve » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:19 pm

As I mentioned Alexander Payne before, other names come to mind. How about Jason Reitman (Thank You for Smoking, Up in the Air)? With the right story, this could be a golden combination. Wes Anderson (Moonrise Kingdom, Life Aquatic, Darjeeling Limited) would be great also, at least interesting. Still hoping Tarantino will cast him in something, that would be a fantastic combination. Or a satire by Sam Mendes, there's nothing Jim couldn't pull off. A second time with Peter Weir would be great too.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Return to Upcoming Movies