Jim Carrey Online

Jim Carrey, Horror Movie 'Aleister Arcane'

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Re: Jim Carrey, Horror Movie 'Aleister Arcane'

Postby grinchy steve » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:51 pm

Ooooow! Thanks for restoring my hope, Tommy. ;)
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby grinchy steve » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:18 pm

I hope that -if this is still on- Eli Roth works together with a fine cinematographer for Aleister Arcane. The comic has great visuals that really define the atmosphere. But all Eli Roth movies look kinda flat and in some cases cheap. He doesn't quite succeeded in creating a visual vibe before. Fingers crossed.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby JimCrazy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:27 pm

Doubt whether this project is still on. Jim didn't utter a word on this in his recent interviews. Talked only about 'kidding' and the novel..
AAlright! TAKE CARE NOW, BYE BYE THEN!
JimCrazy
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby grinchy steve » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:58 pm

He did mention 'a couple of movies', though. Maybe it's just too early to confirm them. Eli Roth is now shooting 'The House with a Clock in it's Walls', starring Jack Black and Cate Blanchett. That won't be finished before 2018, so production on 'Alister Arcane' won't start anytime soon anyway. I think they are all waiting to see if their sheduals will allow it.

Kidding plans are quite concrete, so I guess that's happening first of all. Considering the book is coming out this winter, it must be finished or at least be in the last stadium as we speak. Exciting times!
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby JimCrazy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:02 pm

grinchy steve wrote:He did mention 'a couple of movies', though. Maybe it's just too early to confirm them. Eli Roth is now shooting 'The House with a Clock in it's Walls', starring Jack Black and Cate Blanchett. That won't be finished before 2018, so production on 'Alister Arcane' won't start anytime soon anyway. I think they are all waiting to see if their sheduals will allow it.

Kidding plans are quite concrete, so I guess that's happening first of all. Considering the book is coming out this winter, it must be finished or at least be in the last stadium as we speak. Exciting times!

Yes :) excited.. and also the true crimes in early 2018... Looking forward to watch that too..
JimCrazy

Postby grinchy steve » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:10 am

I already kinda forgot. :oops: It has been taken so long and I still find it very weird they didn't push this movie at festivals worldwide. That way they would at least got the attention it needs. I'm still thinking this will be a very limited release, will come straight to VOD outside the US and will be on Netflix (or other) very fast.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Catherine » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:35 pm

this is going to be good n interesting, iv watched one horror movie this year (actually my whole entire life iv only watched one horror movie)
with my son the one about the guy staring into the ladies eyes and he sinks into the floor, it was funny and creepy i hope its like that kinna movie, its all good and they stay forever young :roll: :lol: 8) :oops: :shock: :lloyd:

grinchy steve wrote:I'm not sure about Eli Roth, will he be able to translate the unique spirit of the comics to the screen? We'll have to wait and see. But on the other hand, the role of Aleister Arcane is nothing less than perfect for Jim Carrey. 8) I'm pretty sure he will surprise us all with this performance ...

I do believe they will make it more, um ... "friendly" to reach a wider audiance. And I think it will be closer to Fright Night (indeed) than Goosebumps, which also comes to mind. But the comics aim for an older audiance.

And yes, when I read the reactions on different movie related forums, the big question is (again) ... "Why did he refuse to support Kick Ass 2 if he's OK with this?" As I think people should move on, I do understand it makes his part in that story even more strange. Maybe he just thought it was a bad movie and wanted to get away from it?

Anyway : Exciting news ! I like the choices our beloved actor is making ... True Crimes, Bad Batch and now this. Goody.
if at all things seem or appear to fail, just remember that 'LOVE WINS"
Catherine
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby grinchy steve » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:39 am

Hèhè. :)

In other news ... I'm just hoping we will know what's he's going to do in movies this year. I need Arcane to happen! [-o<
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby White Devil » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:13 am

Hi folks!

Looking forward to this if it is still happening. I loved Jim's darker performance in The Number 23.

If you want dark and psychological horror, written with Jim very much in mind, check out my novel 'Ace Ventura - White Devil'.

aceventurawhitedevil.wordpress.com
White Devil
Once Bitten

Postby Canadian Jayne » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:29 am

Ill b happy with whatever
Is done
Hes so busy with the others
Its not good for him to focus on
Those right now
Its not good to spread yourself
So thin on too many projects
Hope he paces himself
Stays healthy and doed
What he can
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Canadian Jayne » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:32 am

I did'nt mean't
"Those"as in the series projects
But just that he paces himself
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Canadian Jayne » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:33 am

Meant
"Too much"
Sorry really tired
Gudnight
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby grinchy steve » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:58 am

Someone replied to an old tweet of me concerning this project. Stating this project is not on the table anymore and Carrey was out for a while already. One minute later, the tweet wasn't there anymore. (didn't know you could delete reactionposts, I'm not really a twitter-person) ... I don't remember the persons name. So I don't know if it was reliable or not. :shrug:
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby JimCrazy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:10 am

grinchy steve wrote:Someone replied to an old tweet of me concerning this project. Stating this project is not on the table anymore and Carrey was out for a while already. One minute later, the tweet wasn't there anymore. (didn't know you could delete reactionposts, I'm not really a twitter-person) ... I don't remember the persons name. So I don't know if it was reliable or not. :shrug:

Mmm.. There was no news regarding this project after initial announcement. So probably shelved, I guess.
JimCrazy

Postby grinchy steve » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:17 pm

His haircut being back like Arcane, gives me a little hope once again. But that could be for Kidding.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

PreviousNext

Return to Upcoming Movies