Jim Carrey Online

Believe It or Not delayed!!

Postby grinchy steve » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:49 pm

Well, believe it or not, I had this strange feeling this would happen. Because I knew about the other movie starring Depp again, because of the fact Depp lost his director Peter Weir (Truman Show) on his own project two days ago. And here it is.

Jim, phulease do a small movie after '23', you know, to just make sure we can check you out! :D You know, maybe in one of those little more independent movies with all the good written characters. I'm thinking 'Little Miss Sunshine', 'Thumbsucker', 'the Squid and the Whale', 'Junebug' and maybe ... a new Wes Anderson movie (Life Aquatic, Royal Tenenbaums) of maybe even in one of those mozaic (is that written right?) movies, where all those little stories come together. I realy, realy, realy believe it would blow us away because it would be something completely differend again. And I aboslutely believe Jim can pull that off!

Well, besides that, I also would like to see him in full comedic force again, I'm thinking Ace Ventura, Liar Liar, those where he makes us wet our pents by doing his thing the whole film long!
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:19 pm

another similiar article from contact music.com-.........

TWO Carrey FILMS FACE BUDGET BLOWOUTS

Comedian Jim Carrey's latest film Ripley'S BELIEVE IT OR NOT has reportedly been postponed for at least a year after the film's budget passed $150 million (GBP83 million). This is Carrey's second film in the last few weeks to be postponed because of massive budget over-spending. Last week (ends11JUN06), it was announced his movie USED GUYS with BEN STILLER was being halted after the budget reached $112 million (GBP62 million). Entertainment newspaper Variety reports Paramount Pictures unexpectedly decided to postpone production on Ripley, but studio executives insist they are still moving forward. Paramount production co-president BRAD WESTON says, "We intend to make the movie with Jim, and the fact they are meeting later this week to continue working on the script shows our intent to go forward. "We wanted to get in the right place creatively and financially." Carrey was set to play explorer and newspaper columnist ROBERT Ripley, who uncovers wonders for his BELIEVE IT OR NOT newspaper column.
13/06/2006 20:08

....................................................................................................

Tim and Jim are supposedly requesting a re-write around some of the actual oddities Ripley discovers, from a more human perspective .......rather than Ripleys life per se............it's what i was hoping for ...........
i really hope it works out...........if they approach it that way it could be really poignant and an important movie..........i just hope it gets made......

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby mav » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:24 am

Yeah, I saw your thread. Thanks Carreyed.
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby gothichyppie » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:12 am

NOOOOOO!!!! WHYYYYY?!.........*spontaneously combusting*...... :shock:..... BOOM!

All my hair will be gone by the time this one comes out! :cry:
---[...]------
gothichyppie
Burt Wonderstone

Postby quirky » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:28 am

It's not for us to question why...it's just for us to bake the pie.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Gouliovandamn » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:33 pm

Alright, well I personaly think that Jim should wait to do this movie and not sign on for anything to cause a schedualing conflict. After 23 is done I think he should start looking for other roles but be careful nothing interfers with Believe it or Not. The part will do him a lot of good and will stretch his depth as an actor I think. After he has finished Believe it or Not i think Jim should start to look towards downsizing. $20million plus per movie can sometimes get out of hand. If Jim were to find some smaller (and possibly supporting) roles that were totally dramatic it would broading his market value in the business. Right now he is getting comedy roles very easily but if he wants to be taken seriously as a dramatic actor he isnt going to do it as a leading man of the bat. Taking a smaller supporting role in a semi-independent film where his character has depth and isnt the comic relief he might even be finally noticed by the academy. Take a break from comedy and find smaller serious roles that have substance to them. Steve Carrol and Will Ferrell are trying it, but Ip ersonally think Jim has more capabilities then they do. Jim could easily make it as a dramatic actor, he just needs to find and be willing to take the right role when it comes his way.
Gouliovandamn
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby Jimenem » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:35 pm

quirky wrote:It's not for us to question why...it's just for us to bake the pie.

Lol, how many of these do you have?
Jimenem
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:48 pm

Two, so far....
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Jimenem » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:52 pm

It not for us to question why . . . it's just for us to sit and cry.

Hows that one? lol I think I'll leave them up to you. lol :wink:
Jimenem
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:53 pm

It's not for us to question why...it's just for us to kiss the sky.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Jimenem » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:03 pm

Woah, I like that one! I foresee a new thread . . . :roll:
Jimenem
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:31 pm

I'm like everyone else who thought Jimmy Hendrix was saying, "Before I kiss this guy...."

Oh, Ripley's....yes.

I would rather see him do this than Sweeney Todd. I love the idea of this project.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:15 pm

i thought Jim might have been up for Sweeney Todd.........i can see him in that roll...........lol.......

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Azzuri06 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:26 am

By my way of looking at it, i think that Jim Carrey is the best person for the project. great choice.
Azzuri06
Introducing Janet

Previous

Return to (????) Ripley's Believe It or Not