Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index Welcome JCOs Playground

Jim Carrey Fan Survey

All games, quizzes, and other fun 'spam' (not advertisements) goes here!

Jim Carrey Fan Survey

Postby glitterbomb90 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:36 pm

Hi all!
I am a University student currently writing a research portfolio on Jim Carrey.
It would really help me out if you could all complete this short survey to help me with my work. It only takes a minute :) Thank you!

Jim Carrey questionnaire

1. How old are you?

2. Male or female?

3. Do you consider yourself to be a fan of Jim Carrey?

4. What do you feel makes you a fan?

5. Why do you like Jim Carrey?

6. Do you own any items that you believe make you a huge fan of his?

7. How would you define Jim Carrey’s acting style?

8. Which film role did you enjoy watching Jim Carrey in the most, and why?

9. What do you know about Jim Carrey’s private life and relationships?

10. Do you consider Jim Carrey to be a ‘star’?

11. Why/why not?
glitterbomb90

Re: Jim Carrey Fan Survey

Postby YesGirl » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:16 pm

I'm going to PM you my survey :)
YesGirl
Lemony Snicket

Postby Jackieandrewstx » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:34 pm

Jim Carrey questionnaire

1. How old are you? 40+

2. female? F

3. Do you consider yourself to be a fan of Jim Carrey? YEP

4. What do you feel makes you a fan? Watched all his movies, quoted them and him, loved him on Living Color, think he's one of the funniest guys ever.

5. Why do you like Jim Carrey? see 4

no

renaissance

8. Which film role did you enjoy watching Jim Carrey in the most, and why? that's a tough one, I'll pass. I liked him as a dramatic actor and as a comic and I like so many of his films, really.

I know a little, whatever has been in the media. It's really his business and I respect his privacy. (He deserves to be happy, we all do).

10. Do you consider Jim Carrey to be a ‘star’? Yep

11. Why/why not? JC has a great resume and body of work. He's earned his status as a star, a person who shines above others. He's the whole package and as a fan, I wish him the best!

It would really help me out if you could all complete this short survey to help me with my work. It only takes a minute :) Thank you![/b]

Jim Carrey questionnaire

1. How old are you?

2. Male or female?

11. Why/why not?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jackieandrewstx

Postby EvaAraujo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:37 pm

Glad to help.
Here's my asnwers:

[b]Jim Carrey questionnaire

1. How old are you?

2. Male or female?
Female

Yes I do

Well, I think that being a fan may havE different meaningS for different people but for me, I'm a fan because I love both Jim's work and personality.

Man, tough question because there's so much I like about him. He's a great actor, hard worker. You can tell he loves what he does and he's very good at it. I also like the person because I was surprise to find how much I agree with him is so many things. He's kind and it seems to be the kinda of person with a huge heart. I feel like I can learn a lot by hearing him. I like him because no matter what he puts a smile on my face. I can't help being mesmerized. :)

Since I became his fan recently I don't have that much... but I'm currently trying to get his entire filmography in DVD, I have the poster for Mr. Popper Penguins and lots of pictures and interviews. Wish I had more... ^^'

I read somewhere once that there were two kinds of Jim Carrey fans: The ones who prefer his comedies, who probably see him as a comedian and the ones who prefer drama. The thing is I like then both equality. I don't define, per say his acting style I really don't know about acting (in a tecnical point of view) but I think he's a great actor who can make you roll down on the floor laughting but can also touch your heart and teach you something.

That's a very hard question for me. I knew of him for the first time with "The Mask" and I admit that before (becoming his oficial fan) I have seen mostly his comedies but I don't have a favorite. I get a headache everytime I try to choose one... lol And the same happens in drama. Huge headache! ^^
But my favorite in general (with all the other really close behind) is Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind. I love his character. Not only for the amasing performance of Jim but also the personality of the character because in a way I'm like that sometimes so I can relate.

"I only care about someone's private life if I'm part of it" - My quote
But I have to be honest I know what everyone probably does cause unfortunately Google doesn't have a filter to bullshit and gossip...

Again it depends on your definition of it. I do consider Jim a star.

11. Why/why not?
Because I see a star not in a superficial way... I see it has someone with a gift that deserves that the whole world knows that they existed. Jim definitely deserve it.

Hope it helps. Sorry if the answers are to long but I'm not always the yes/no person. :D
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby Daan Wenderich » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:01 pm

1. How old are you? 29

2. Male or female? male

3. Do you consider yourself to be a fan of Jim Carrey? Hell yeah

4. What do you feel makes you a fan? Because i have all his fillms and know almost all the lines

5. Why do you like Jim Carrey? becasue of his improv, he's is great

only his films
impov humor style
8. Which film role did you enjoy watching Jim Carrey in the most, and why? Bruce Almighty

not much
he's is famous bus he does not act like a star
11. Why/why not? see above
Daan Wenderich

Postby cristinaX » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:45 pm

glitterbomb90 wrote:Hi all!
It would really help me out if you could all complete this short survey to help me with my work. It only takes a minute :) Thank you!

Jim Carrey questionnaire

1. How old are you?39

2. Male or female?female
3. Do you consider yourself to be a fan of Jim Carrey?always

4. What do you feel makes you a fan?everything

5. Why do you like Jim Carrey? he is Jim Carrey

6. Do you own any items that you believe make you a huge fan of his?all his movies

7. How would you define Jim Carrey’s acting style?devine

8. Which film role did you enjoy watching Jim Carrey in the most, and why?Ace Ventura the pet detective he is always himself.Expecting Ace Ventura 3 ft Cesar Milan the dog wisperer,alrighty then!!!

9. What do you know about Jim Carrey’s private life and relationships?i dont care he has a life to.

10. Do you consider Jim Carrey to be a ‘star’?Jim is a mega star ,he puts the glitter on a star.

11. Why/why not?
he is he will always be! Jim works hard he deserves the best in his life.
cristinaX

Postby stormieo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:57 pm

Jackieandrewstx wrote:Jim Carrey questionnaire

1. How old are you? 59
2. female? F

3. Do you consider yourself to be a fan of Jim Carrey? YES

4. What do you feel makes you a fan? I have enjoyed all his movies and I think he is about the funnist person on this earth

5. Why do you like Jim Carrey? don't kno him personally, but I love his characters and he is very, very funny

9 movies nad a photograph

7. How would you define Jim Carrey’s acting style? Original and unforgettable

8. Which film role did you enjoy watching Jim Carrey in the most, and why? Ace Ventura---very entertaining, and a good story line

Other that what is read/see (only believe about 10%) nothing. He seems to be a private person and I respect that, although I wish he would autograph some photos ( a fee of course)

10. Do you consider Jim Carrey to be a ‘star’? Yes, definitely

11. Why/why not? He has never done a bad movie.

It would really help me out if you could all complete this short survey to help me with my work. It only takes a minute :) Thank you![/b]

Jim Carrey questionnaire

1. How old are you?

2. Male or female?

11. Why/why not?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

stormieo

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:13 pm

1. How old are you? 28
2. female? F

3. Do you consider yourself to be a fan of Jim Carrey? YES

4. What do you feel makes you a fan? I have enjoyed all his movies and I think he is about the funnist person on this earth,i just love his funny sense of humor

5. Why do you like Jim Carrey? i love the funny comedian in him, and the roles he takes and makes them his own and how he becomes the role,

9 movies nad a photograph

7. How would you define Jim Carrey’s acting style? Original and unforgettable

8. Which film role did you enjoy watching Jim Carrey in the most, and why? liar liar love the story line and loved how well he played the part and the Grinch big fan

9. What do you know about Jim Carrey’s private life and relationships? i know he came from a heard life and did the best he could for his family he is very private and i like that about him. also he don't try to be someone hes not it is what it is and he is a leader not a follower

10. Do you consider Jim Carrey to be a ‘star’? Yes, definitely the brightest one in the sky

11. Why/why not? He has never done a bad movie. yes i love you Paul not a fan of it at all, he plays a gay man and it didn't suit his character at all he is better than that

Postby Carrey's Girl » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:02 pm

1. How old are you? 16
2. Male or female? Female

3. Do you consider yourself to be a fan of Jim Carrey? O Yeah

4. What do you feel makes you a fan? I have seen every movie he was ever in and i mean every movies even the very first few he was in. I have also seen every show he was in even the duck factory. I collect pictures and have them all over my wall.

5. Why do you like Jim Carrey? Because he is the funniest person every (no matter wat people say). He is also the best actor ever. And last but not least Jim Carrey is freaking sexy. And i love his laugh :oops:)

6. Do you own any items that you believe make you a huge fan of his? O yeah

7. How would you define Jim Carrey’s acting style? He can act no matter genre.

8. Which film role did you enjoy watching Jim Carrey in the most, and why? Wow that is really hard I would probably say in Batman Forever i love the riddler :riddler:

9. What do you know about Jim Carrey’s private life and relationships? He had a very hard life growing up as especially as a teenager. And he dropped out of school on his 16th birthday. And when he was really young he practiced in front of a mirror for hours. And his first wife was Melissa Womer and they had a daughter Named Jane Erin Carrey born on September 6,1987.

10. Do you consider Jim Carrey to be a ‘star’? Yes

11. Why/why not? Because he has never made a stinky movie. And for years Jim tried so hard to get where he is now. And he deserves to be where he is now, like being what i would call rich compared 2 wat he was when he about 12 or so.( I no this part don't belong on this one but i had 2 say it . :D :)
Last edited by Carrey's Girl on Tue May 08, 2012 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I <3 Jim Carrey
Carrey's Girl
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby Tamires_P » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:24 am

1- 20 years old
2- Female
3- Yes!
4- I have seen all his movies, I collect pictures, I'm always searching for news and things I didn't know about him and I know a lot of his roles' phrases, usually I watch the movies saying them with him lol
5- Because I identify with him, I think he is an example of overcoming, as we all know he suffered. His mother was always sick, he had to live in a trailer, starved and yet never gave up. He likes to make people laugh - that's what makes him happy - and I'm the same.
6- Yep!
7- He can act no matter the genre.
8- That one is difficult, but I'd say Bruce Nolan in Bruce Almighty or Fletcher Reede in Liar, Liar
9- A lot, I think I would write for hours loool. But, well, he worked in a factory to help his family, his mother was always sick and he liked to make her feel better by making her laugh with his impersonations. His first wife was Melissa Womer, he has a daughter called Jane, his second wife worked with him on Dumb & Dumber... And then it goes.
10- Yes!
11- Well, 'cos he's in the big screen
Tamires_P

Postby JimChangedMe » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:13 am

1. How old are you? - 16

2. Male or female? - Male

3. Do you consider yourself to be a fan of Jim Carrey? - One of the biggest for sure

4. What do you feel makes you a fan? - I have all his movies, watched every interview and documentary he's been a part of, and I've recently almost turned into him both physically and mentally

5. Why do you like Jim Carrey? - He's got to be one of the rare kind of people where he uses his fame for the better good. Jim is very kind, caring, and considerate. Plus, Jim helped me boost my self recently and I couldn't be happier thanks to him. He's like the father I never had

6. Do you own any items that you believe make you a huge fan of his? - I bought a LOT of clothing that was associated with a lot of his roles in order to give them a shot myself. Other than that, I did make the personal choice to buy "Mr. Popper's Penguins" with the penguin plush so I'd have something just for a memory in the future. I'd love to have more

7. How would you define Jim Carrey’s acting style? - Jim's style is very unique in it's own way due to his incredible improv ability, his physical ability, and the amount of energy he brings with him in every role. That's another reason why I like him more than any other actor. There really is no one like Jim

8. Which film role did you enjoy watching Jim Carrey in the most, and why? - Ooh, tough question. I have a tie between his performance as Edward Nygma/The Riddler in "Batman Forever and his performance as Walter Sparrow/Fingerling in "The Number 23". I think Jim's mind is so wild that it's very interesting to watch him delve into knowledge itself, which is probably why I like these 2 roles a tad more than others. I used to say Jim would be more suited as The Joker in the Batman franchise, but after seeing "The Number 23" I'd say Jim is just PERFECT for The Riddler. It's almost unexplainable to describe the likings of these 2 together because they are both so interesting

9. What do you know about Jim Carrey’s private life and relationships? - Almost everything a common fan would know and perhaps even more. He had a hard time growing up with his family's financial troubles and his early start at being a stand-up comedian. Little side fact was that he wore tap shoes when he went to bed as a kid in case his parents needed cheering up. He dropped out of high school in 10th grade, I think he was almost forced to due to the circumstances. There's loads more I could tell about his past relationships and some other parts of his life, but I think it's better to know the Jim you see daily or come across rather than to know the Jim people go digging for answers for their own personal liking. Just doesn't seem right

10. Do you consider Jim Carrey to be a ‘star’? - Yeabsolutely!

11. Why/why not? - God gave him a gift rare to a lot of people in this world; and he uses it beautifully. He's a star in my eyes because he is a kind man who is sympathetic and caring to nearly everyone he knows. In Hollywood alone, that's something very unique
Austin Williamson: Future Actor
JimChangedMe
How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Postby AnieCarrey » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:05 am

1. How old are you? - 23

2. Male or female? - Female

3. Do you consider yourself to be a fan of Jim Carrey? - Yeah Absolutely

4. What do you feel makes you a fan? - watch his movies, admire his work. And most of all, I like how he sings, I like it -A LOT! LOL

5. Why do you like Jim Carrey? - I think he have something special, he is so playful, funny, is amazing in anyway, I love him for share his brightness with all the world

6. Do you own any items that you believe make you a huge fan of his? - No

7. How would you define Jim Carrey’s acting style? - He really lives each character, we can see him showing real pain or happiness, gives the impression that the actor is similar to the character and it is always appealing, much improvisation, gesture.

8. Which film role did you enjoy watching Jim Carrey in the most, and why? - Lloyd Christmas, is just so damn funny!

9. What do you know about Jim Carrey’s private life and relationships? - I respect his privacy although i think it should be as amazing as the life he shows on screen.

10. Do you consider Jim Carrey to be a ‘star’? - Of course!

11. Why/why not? - As I told before, he is special, one in a million.
AnieCarrey
Introducing Janet

Postby glitterbomb90 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:21 pm

Thank you so much for all your responses! I have read through a couple so far and your answers are brilliant - so much detail and insight! I continue to need responses for a couple of days, at which time I'll post on here to let you all know :D
glitterbomb90

Return to JCOs Playground