Jim Carrey Online

Why not Danny Wallace....

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Why not Danny Wallace....

Postby Filomena » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:21 pm

....playing the part of Danny Wallace?

Not that Jim won't do a great job (he is a comedy genious, after all), but don't you think that the film will have more heart if it's actually Danny Wallace playing himself, and the film actually stays British?? A film doesn't have to be filmed in America to be a hit -- just look at the Harry Potter movies. Or that sleeper hit, The Fully Monty.

Jim can still produce it, and maybe Jim can have a part in it somehow -- but this is Danny's story, after all. Plus, the thought of Jim playing someone Danny's age is a bit perturbing...

What do you think?
The truth shall set you free.
Filomena
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby fluffy » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:47 pm

i wondered why Danny didn't do it as a documentary movie........he's done 'make your own country as a documentary.........but i guess he's not an actor or a name to pull an audience.........

fluffy
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Filomena » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:55 pm

That may be so, but being an A-list actor doesn't necessarily draw an audience anymore.

If the movie is made for the right reason, if the screenplay is well-written, and if it's character driven, and people can relate to it at some level, then how can it not be a success?

If all the above elements are met, then it really has to be well promoted -- that's also key.

Okay, Danny boy. As soon as I get my independent film-making business up and running, I'll give you a call and we'll give Jim a run for his money.

In the meantime, carry on. :wink:
The truth shall set you free.
Filomena
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby fluffy » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:12 pm

lol........Danny's a sweetheart too........he's a scream when he's being interviewed, he has a really childlike quality......but like Jim he's a smart man too..... :wink:

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Return to (2008) Yes Man