Jim Carrey Online

Jim Carrey says: 'I know the feeling of being erased!'

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Jim Carrey says: 'I know the feeling of being erased!'

Postby jimliker » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:09 pm

LOS ANGELES – “I have been erased and I know what it’s like to want to erase someone in your life,” revealed comedian Jim Carrey whom we talked to recently at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills for his latest movie, “Mr. Popper’s Penguins.”

Jim, who broke off last year with actress-model Jenny McCarthy after a five-year relationship, further explained what he meant of being “erased.” “You know the feeling when you loved somebody and it ends and you feel as if they have moved on as if or maybe even that none of it ever mattered,” he said. “It’s a terrible feeling.”

We asked him if he maintained his pride and coolness, just like in the movie, even when everything is breaking down. “I come back to coolness whenever I lose my place,” he admitted. “I veer off the road like anybody else. I take the off ramp every once in a while and go bad neighborhood and live there for a while and then go okay, I can’t be here for very long because I don’t want to lose that innocence, that belief in the good of the world and my gratitude whenever I am off.

“I’m a big reader of the universe. I completely believe we’re having a conversation all the time. It’s getting quicker and quicker to recognize when I’m off beat. Everything starts to go wrong. It doesn’t take long. You can only stay in that mode for a very short time. If you’re awake, sober and looking at the universe, it’s screaming at you. This is my metaphysical side. It starts out as a whisper and then it gets a little louder.”

The live action comedy film, which is based on the children’s book with the same name, is about Tom Popper (Jim), a driven businessman who is clueless when it comes to the important things in life until he inherits six penguins.

“I love penguins,” Jim revealed when asked why he did the movie. “I have a thing with penguins. As Steve Martin said, ‘You can’t be unhappy around a banjo and the banjo’s playing.’ I don’t think you can be unhappy with a penguin in the room and that’s why penguin things are attractive to people. It’s like they are puppies x 10. They are pure love. You just immediately open your heart and go okay, all right, I love you. I’m okay. There’s a penguin in the world, you know.”

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/321460/ji ... ing-erased

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Return to (2011) Mr. Popper's Penguins