Jim Carrey Online

Box Office

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.
Filming January 10 - March 31, 2012.

Re: Box Office

Postby Nick » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:47 pm

My prediction:

Opening weekend: $38 million
Total US gross: $140-160 million
Nick
Batman Forever

Postby jim carrey 85 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:16 pm

Nick wrote:My prediction:

Opening weekend: $38 million
Total US gross: $140-160 million

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH
"It's Going To Be LEGEND wait for it DARY.....LEGENDARY"-Barney Stinson (How i met your mother!)
jim carrey 85
The Truman Show

Postby jim carrey 85 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:37 pm

Like i said COMPLETE DISASTER in the box office Burt Wonderstone on friday they got 3.5 milion dollars and predictions for opening wekeend are just 10 million dollars!!! so my predicitons were kinda true :D :P and even worse Cinemascore was C+ (That's the grade AUDIENCE give to movie on the end)

http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/1-oz-holding-huge-for-143m-domestic-halle-berry-shocks-for-2-in-the-call-and-beats-steve-carell-Jim-Carrey-in-no-way-incredible-burt-wonderstone-warner-bros-5th-straight-bomb/
"It's Going To Be LEGEND wait for it DARY.....LEGENDARY"-Barney Stinson (How i met your mother!)
jim carrey 85
The Truman Show

Postby Veysel » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:56 pm

Jim Carrey role outside, bad film probably
Veysel
Doing Time On Maple Drive

Postby grinchy steve » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:25 pm

The first numbers are an indication Burt Wonderstone isn't doing good indeed ... that's a surprise for me. I thought this would do very well, at least. On the other side, we're only talking about the US. As is the case for a lot of Carrey-movies in the last ten years, there is a chance it will do a lot better in the rest of the world. I guess the bad reviews did influence many possible viewers.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby jim carrey 85 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:23 am

grinchy steve wrote:The first numbers are an indication Burt Wonderstone isn't doing good indeed ... that's a surprise for me. I thought this would do very well, at least. On the other side, we're only talking about the US. As is the case for a lot of Carrey-movies in the last ten years, there is a chance it will do a lot better in the rest of the world. I guess the bad reviews did influence many possible viewers.

Exactly! Critics just went to hard on this movie, they ruined it :P i mean i will watch movie anyway but this movie supose to be comedy so....
jim carrey 85
The Truman Show

Postby Veysel » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:40 pm

$10.3 million opening weekend
Veysel
Doing Time On Maple Drive

Postby jim carrey 85 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:28 pm

Veysel wrote:$10.3 million opening weekend

AHAHAHHAHAH big FAIL, i'm so sad i mean is it movie that bad?
jim carrey 85
The Truman Show

Postby EvaAraujo » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:43 pm

grinchy steve wrote:(...) I guess the bad reviews did influence many possible viewers.

You know, it's funny.
Has anyone here, ever been convinced to see a movie based on on an interview or, based on a critic review?

I'm asking cause I've Never BEEN.
When it comes to Jim, we are all fans here so we can't be impartial, after all we love the man but still...
There are movies I went to see for the curiosity of the story. Or cause the ensemble of cast put together got me thinking but that was it.

I didn't went to see "Avatar" for example or "Twilight" in the theaters. In fact the first one I saw on TV by chance and the second one I haven't seen at all (Sorry but for me the choice isn't team Edward or Jacob, to me I have a third team: I don't like the vampire theme so, bite me! lol)

Screw the critics. Make up your own mine and form you own opinion by testing it and doing the homework yourself!
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:50 pm

When I take a look around on different fora, a lot of people do care about the critics. I don't get that. That behaviour looks very common in the US when I see the topics on forums with a lot of US-members. I'm glad critics are ... well, nothing ... overhere. Nobody cares, they have a small corner in a paper and that's it. There are review-sites, but nothing big compared with Rottentomatoes or IMDB. Same for magazines focussed on Film. People see ads and go. That's how it should be.

Ok, I admit. I check Rottentomatoes to see what the press has to say about a movie. But in the end, when I want to see a movie, the fact that it has no fresh-label won't change a thing. Specially when it's about comedy. Comedy is so personal.

One of the worst comedies I ever saw is "Old School", it did not even made it into theatres here. 80% of the people invited to the press-screening left the theatre before the ending and the Belgian distributor cancelled the release because of that. I was there. Nobody (for real) was laughing. Same for "Talladega Nights : Ricky Bobby", got slaughtered overhere, on Rottentomatoes it's 72% fresh.

And it shows how different people can be, everywhere.

Aside from that, I do believe the bad trailers are to blame also. They were all showing the same, a night on hot cholers and Burt in a cage made of glass ... no jokes. The reactions were negative already ... I guess it just could not recover from that. I guess they lost the people who doubted about going with all the negative reviews.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby JimCrazy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:36 am

Does anyone know what was the opening weekend collection for Mr. Poppers penguin??? Which Jim movie got a great opening??
AAlright! TAKE CARE NOW, BYE BYE THEN!
JimCrazy
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby TNPihl » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:13 pm

You can check our Box office page here:
http://www.jimcarreyonline.com/info/boxoffice.html

It was a very bad opening. The third lowest for a Jim Carrey comedy with wide release and the lowest for Steve Carell. :( :(

Mr. Popper's Penguins
Opening weekend: $18.445.355
Total US gross: $68.218.041

The Incredible Burt Wonderstone
Opening weekend: $10.3 million (estimated)
Total US gross: $35-55 million (my prediction at this moment)
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby JimCrazy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:30 pm

ohh :( Can't get it . Movie was not at all bad! It's a decent comedy.
AAlright! TAKE CARE NOW, BYE BYE THEN!
JimCrazy
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby TNPihl » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:45 pm

The actual box office numbers were even lower than the estimate numbers. Not good. Here they are:

No. 3 / The Incredible Burt Wonderstone / $3,708,678 / 1 day (15-03-2013) / Total $3,708,678
No. 3 / The Incredible Burt Wonderstone / $4,115,982 / 2 days (16-03-2013) / Total $7,824,660
No. 3 / The Incredible Burt Wonderstone / $2,352,597 / 3 days (17-03-2013) / Total $10,177,257

Check the updated list here:
http://www.jimcarreyonline.com/info/boxoffice.html
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:59 pm

I say it's time they give some countries a chance to higher that number!
Date for Portugal.. I will go there everyday! :lol:

OK. A few times! But I will!
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

PreviousNext

Return to (2013) The Incredible Burt Wonderstone