Jim Carrey Online

Kick-Ass 2 !!

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.
Filming September 7 - November 23, 2012

Re: Kick-Ass 2 !!

Postby Twigggy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:26 pm

At first I was worried that Jim's tweet might convince Universal to drop "Dumb and Dumber To." However, now, I don't think that will happen. Jim's refusal to promote "Kickass 2" seems to be giving the movie a lot more publicity than it would have received otherwise. Plus, I think there's simply too much money in "Dumb and Dumber To" for Universal to pass it up. I imagine Universal being briefly ticked off about Jim's comments but now that they see it has been receiving all this media attention, they're probably not so upset. CNN was just talking about Jim's tweet. My local news station even covered it.
Follow me on Twitter: @RealJackBristow
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby EvaAraujo » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:27 pm

fluffy wrote:Jim really had no choice but to walk away from the film. In light of his anti gun/anti violence stance he'd have been branded a hypocrite if he hadn't distanced himself. He'll have signed up to do the film ages ago, long before Sandy Hook, but the horror of the shootings have obviously affected him deeply enough to take his anti gun stance. He should be applauded for having the courage of his convictions.

That's my feeling too. He choose to put his mouth where his heart his.
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:31 pm

cotton wrote:@Eva I knew you saw those tweets too. Did you see the Pic of Jim with the gun in his hand from Kick Ass 2 that they were passing around too?

I wonder if this is why he has been depressed? :(

Sorry for meddling in your response to Fluffly, Cotton, but I don't think he's blaming movies. I think he's just saying he can't, in his heart, support it. That's all. ^^'

Yeah I saw :?
I'm sure it has affected him. After what happen, it wouldn't surprise me.

Maybe is time for another talk. ^^ Jim, get you're goofy and gun-control ass over this forum right now!!! :lol:
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:57 pm

I wonder if this is why he has been depressed?

I wouldn't be at all surprised Cotton..... i know he signed on to the film ages ago but people change, their views and opinions change and i think becoming a grandpa and hearing about so many shootings, especially Sandyhook have had a profound effect on him. Hopefully the film will do well on it's own merits and Jim can concentrate on his next projects.
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:23 pm

fluffy wrote:
I wonder if this is why he has been depressed?

I wouldn't be at all surprised Cotton..... i know he signed on to the film ages ago but people change, their views and opinions change and i think becoming a grandpa and hearing about so many shootings, especially Sandyhook have had a profound effect on him. Hopefully the film will do well on it's own merits and Jim can concentrate on his next projects.

Couldn't agree more Fluffy. :)
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:44 pm

Oh ya I see what you mean Eva about him not blaming the movie. I was mostly talking about the people who were tweeting about him promoting guns in kick ass. Sorry if I am confusing you.
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:17 am

TNPihl wrote:After what I remember he becan the gun debate in his tweets back in 2011, so I guees he should not have said yes to Kick-Ass 2 in the first place. He knew how the first movie was and what made the comic books popular and of course read the script to this before he signed. After what we have heard the sequel is even more violent than the first.

I agree. Plus, he is (was) a big fan of the comics, he knew for sure what he was getting into. There's no doubt I believe the change his mind made, but the timing doesn't make much sense.

The people who called him a hypocrit for playing in Kick-Ass while promoting the anti-gun thing, do have a point when they say this sudden choice is a bit late and not very convincing.

But again, this doesn't change my respect for Jim as a person or actor. I can imagine Universal is not very happy with this. As he would be the biggest part of the promotion for this movie, tv-shows and everything that comes with that. Surely because of the fact everyone involved is praising his performance. I hope this won't change people mind about that while watching. Cause that would be silly.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby EvaAraujo » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:23 am

cotton wrote:Oh ya I see what you mean Eva about him not blaming the movie. I was mostly talking about the people who were tweeting about him promoting guns in kick ass. Sorry if I am confusing you.

Oh ok. My bad too ^^'
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:13 am

EvaAraujo wrote:
Catherine wrote:I don't think you or anyone should laugh or make fun of JC s decisions,would you say that to your bff? Ask yourself with your speared words how he feels, and how he would feel to read those negative unsupportive words comming from his supposed, fans :-)
Why would you laugh at something he feels in his heart, that's not very nice or respectful

Or supportive at the present time, its like conditional love, I love jc either way its his journey guys did u forget the past 6 or 7 months he's been transforming changing becoming

Wow let's step back for a moment and trust in him man believe in him for all that he's worth
He's worth more than this ...trust not judge belive and support not put down
Like a true friend supports either way listen to the words he spoke
I have had a change of heart
HEART that huge. That has been torn and ripped apart over and over again please don't add another hook to it , no negative vibes only love ones send out to him and try please to be supportive that's a true fan and friend :-) :-) :-)
Its his journey / peace
Love and respect
C :-)

I do agree with you Catherine.
And we all here have our opinions and we all don't agree with Jim sometimes but we do support him, right people?
Whether he likes it or not! :lol:

And our love is unconditional for him :wink:
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:09 am

cotton wrote:
EvaAraujo wrote:
Catherine wrote:I don't think you or anyone should laugh or make fun of JC s decisions,would you say that to your bff? Ask yourself with your speared words how he feels, and how he would feel to read those negative unsupportive words comming from his supposed, fans :-)
Why would you laugh at something he feels in his heart, that's not very nice or respectful

Or supportive at the present time, its like conditional love, I love jc either way its his journey guys did u forget the past 6 or 7 months he's been transforming changing becoming

Wow let's step back for a moment and trust in him man believe in him for all that he's worth
He's worth more than this ...trust not judge belive and support not put down
Like a true friend supports either way listen to the words he spoke
I have had a change of heart
HEART that huge. That has been torn and ripped apart over and over again please don't add another hook to it , no negative vibes only love ones send out to him and try please to be supportive that's a true fan and friend :-) :-) :-)
Its his journey / peace
Love and respect
C :-)

I do agree with you Catherine.
And we all here have our opinions and we all don't agree with Jim sometimes but we do support him, right people?
Whether he likes it or not! :lol:

And our love is unconditional for him :wink:

Yes it is!
Again, whether he likes or not... ^^'
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:53 am

and he knows it...........lol.......
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:51 am

fluffy wrote:and he knows it...........lol.......

He better! :lol:
But when he doesn't, we'll make sure he gets the message!
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby Rosita » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:39 am

I read both comics (kick ass 1 and 2) and I have them, and they are more or less the same violence
I love Jim, of course or I wont be a fan, but I dnt get it and I dnt think is good for his image to say smething wrong about a mvie where he is acting! :(
Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color, choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable!
Rosita
A Christmas Carol

Postby fluffy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:49 pm

a lot of actors distance themselves from their movies, for various reasons, it's not all that unusual...... :?
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Rosita » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:10 pm

I know it isnt but even though...I think he shouldnt have said.That or nt in twiter because ppl are going to blame him for that
Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color, choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable!
Rosita
A Christmas Carol

PreviousNext

Return to (2013) Kick-Ass 2