Jim Carrey Online

Kick-Ass 2 !!

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.
Filming September 7 - November 23, 2012

Re: Kick-Ass 2 !!

Postby EvaAraujo » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:34 am

Jim Carrey 85 wrote:Jim has tweeted that he does not support Kick Ass 2 in any way because of "Sandy Hook" now i dont know about you guys but here i really have to say WHAT THE F**K i mean he sing on for the movie he read the script it's just not big deal it's a MOVIE this is comic this really HAS to be violent like how it's written.I have to say it's stupid move.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=82104

Here's Mike MIllar's respond

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=82111

I'm gonna get literal here cause I hate misunderstoods and because sometimes it's the best way to make everything clear. He said he didn't support the violence not the movie.
Besides, people change and their way to see life and do things also changes. He's a human being for God's sake. He's allow to change is mind.
He became a granddad and I wouldn't be surprise that when Sandy Hook happen his thought could have been "What if it was my grandson, or my daughter?".

A lot has happen since the movie was done.
He's probably like a cat who has fallen on water and it's avoiding to be near it.
He got so much heat because of his stance in gun-control that it's hard.
I saw the comments and videos of people saying he was a hypocrite. They used scenes from his movies where he's not doing anything violent but simply have a gun in the hand doing an impression. Imagine the heat from Kick Ass 2? I felt sick to my stomach, and angry, and sad, and pissed at everything those people, who know Jim way less than we, where saying about him... and guess what, I'm no one! I'm just one in millions of fans. I was having all those feelings and it wasn't about me... I can't imagine what he went through.

I think he just gave two steps forwards and it maybe a bit too soon but none of us can say that in his shoes we would do it differently.

I don't agree completely on Jim on this though, simply because his part seems to me, the least violent of them all and because personally I don't believe violence in a movie causes violence. Sometimes it does, but only for the sick people and thank God the majority of us, aren't sick.
As Jim fan (like you guys), I agree with Mark in this point: "Our audience is smart enough to know they're all pretending and we should instead just sit back and enjoy the serotonin release of seeing bad guys meeting bad ends as much as we enjoyed seeing the Death Star exploding."
We certainly are.... and again those who aren't, are sick.

Regardless, at the end of the day, I'm with Jim. I will still support him and his movies. but above it all, I will respect him and his heart choices.

cotton wrote:I think he is feeling guilty about it cause when he was tweeting about gun control many rude people were tweeting him back calling him a hipocrit plus many other horrible things for making a violent movie and then trying to take their guns away. I feel bad for him. ITS JUST A MOVIE!

I don't wanna try and read his mind cause I don't like that... it seems like, when people do that they assume too much and get blind by lies instead of seeing the truth. ^^
Yet, I agree Cotton. :wink:
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:46 am

I defended him on the gun-circus that was going on. But not on this. People are going : "So, it's OK to turn your back at the movie afterwards, but first get the paycheck?" or "If he donates his entire paycheck from this film to charity, only then will I believe he is sincere about it." And I must say that popped into my mind also. I respect him as a person and I think he should be able to say or think whatever he wants. No doubt. But I don't agree with his weird statment this time. And what is his point by making the statment? That violence in movies is wrong? Bit late, no?

And as an actor, Kick-Ass is the one where he could get very good comments again. And frankly, he could use that. In that way (only) it's not a smart move, not at all. The gun-thing had influence on 'Burt Wonderstone' and now he's doing the same when 'Kick-Ass 2' is coming? Timing couldn't be worse. Even the ones that supported him on the gun-thing are jumping on him right now all over the internet. And Kick-Ass topics turned into such a place. And this time ... I can't blame them. Sorry. Also, he kicked Universal by doing this ... And they are the ones that want to do Dumb and Dumber To ... There's a chance that will change.

I won't change my mind about Jim as a person, actor or human being. I'm still with him. But this was a pointless and stupid thing to do.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby jim carrey 85 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:25 pm

grinchy steve wrote:I defended him on the gun-circus that was going on. But not on this. People are going : "So, it's OK to turn your back at the movie afterwards, but first get the paycheck?" or "If he donates his entire paycheck from this film to charity, only then will I believe he is sincere about it." And I must say that popped into my mind also. I respect him as a person and I think he should be able to say or think whatever he wants. No doubt. But I don't agree with his weird statment this time. And what is his point by making the statment? That violence in movies is wrong? Bit late, no?

And as an actor, Kick-Ass is the one where he could get very good comments again. And frankly, he could use that. In that way (only) it's not a smart move, not at all. The gun-thing had influence on 'Burt Wonderstone' and now he's doing the same when 'Kick-Ass 2' is coming? Timing couldn't be worse. Even the ones that supported him on the gun-thing are jumping on him right now all over the internet. And Kick-Ass topics turned into such a place. And this time ... I can't blame them. Sorry. Also, he kicked Universal by doing this ... And they are the ones that want to do Dumb and Dumber To ... There's a chance that will change.

I won't change my mind about Jim as a person, actor or human being. I'm still with him. But this was a pointless and stupid thing to do.

Completly agree, but Eva i'm not saying that i dont like Jim anymore, i would support him whatever he does but even here where people are his BIGGEST fans are against this statment i mean he first of all read the script and choose to do this character and the movie even after he know that is going to be a lot of violence.I'm with Steve here that i respect him as a person and he is my favorite actor but this movie like Wonderstone should bring him back to good comedys(people are saying that) and he do something like this :D it's just that i sometimes dont understand his comments and statemets........

I read this comment and actually made me laugh

"Real knights died hundreds of years ago...so I can't watch Game of Thrones."

but it's true, this is Jim's philosophy everyone know that this is a movie and he should keep movie out from real life, movies are enterteiment, real life is completly different thing.....
"It's Going To Be LEGEND wait for it DARY.....LEGENDARY"-Barney Stinson (How i met your mother!)
jim carrey 85
The Truman Show

Postby Catherine » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:27 pm

I don't think you or anyone should laugh or make fun of JC s decisions,would you say that to your bff? Ask yourself with your speared words how he feels, and how he would feel to read those negative unsupportive words comming from his supposed, fans :-)
Why would you laugh at something he feels in his heart, that's not very nice or respectful

Or supportive at the present time, its like conditional love, I love jc either way its his journey guys did u forget the past 6 or 7 months he's been transforming changing becoming

Wow let's step back for a moment and trust in him man believe in him for all that he's worth
He's worth more than this ...trust not judge belive and support not put down
Like a true friend supports either way listen to the words he spoke
I have had a change of heart
HEART that huge. That has been torn and ripped apart over and over again please don't add another hook to it , no negative vibes only love ones send out to him and try please to be supportive that's a true fan and friend :-) :-) :-)
Its his journey / peace
Love and respect
C :-)
if at all things seem or appear to fail, just remember that 'LOVE WINS"
Catherine
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby Catherine » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:51 pm

Yesterday was the 15 ann of when he received a star on Canada's, walk of fame
It was his Canadian star, anniversary so it was a great day to remember :-)
And will always be, he is the truth man everything he done he's done with greatness every part every storyline, every moment he made was no without reason or purpose
He made us laugh cry happy sad, its all good, and he keeps getting better, oh wait I know just like he is true, Betteru :-). He is the truth man, he is the truth
I totally honor that man, and respect him for all that he is
LOVE.
a great man,human everything u name it he can do it, all
If there's something he has not done dam it he will do it!
And he will be the best at what ever he does
Its what's in HIS heart that matters
:-) :-) :-)
if at all things seem or appear to fail, just remember that 'LOVE WINS"
Catherine
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby Canadian Jayne » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:36 pm

Maybe we should just close this subject
Kick Ass 2 will come out and people can judge for themselves
The movie will be out and give people their choice to go or not

I think, Jim did his best in portraying the character
I believe he gives 100 percent in whatever movie role he does

If all the Actors were judged on the character they portrayed
that would be so crazy

He can change his mind, just like you or I, he can choose
to change. We are all in developement, I'm sure there are many
actors out there that thought "Why did I do that movie?"

Flack will continue but one doesn't have to listen or watch it.It's closed
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:48 pm

Jim really had no choice but to walk away from the film. In light of his anti gun/anti violence stance he'd have been branded a hypocrite if he hadn't distanced himself. He'll have signed up to do the film ages ago, long before Sandy Hook, but the horror of the shootings have obviously affected him deeply enough to take his anti gun stance. He should be applauded for having the courage of his convictions.
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:39 pm

In light of his anti gun/anti violence stance he'd have been branded a hypocrite

They already have been calling him that ever since his anti gun tweets started. people were tweeting him and saying "Its not the guns fault" Its not ok to blame the guns that are getting in the wrong hands but its ok to blame the movie?

Jim really had no choice but to walk away from the film.

He shouldn't have to. If they can't figure out that violence in movies is not the reason for real life violence then thats their problem. These people are gonna kill whether they see violent movies or play violent games or not. Its in their system.

@Eva I knew you saw those tweets too. Did you see the Pic of Jim with the gun in his hand from Kick Ass 2 that they were passing around too?

I wonder if this is why he has been depressed? :(
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby Rosita » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:42 pm

What I dont get is...how come he didnt see kick ass 1? To me it had too much violencdd,but it truly represented the consequences of it.
On the other hand, it is also the comic! I dnt know...he changed his mind and I totally understand him causdd he is human, but I do think he should have read or saw the first part
Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color, choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable!
Rosita
A Christmas Carol

Postby TNPihl » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:00 pm

After what I remember he becan the gun debate in his tweets back in 2011, so I guees he should not have said yes to Kick-Ass 2 in the first place. He knew how the first movie was and what made the comic books popular and of course read the script to this before he signed. After what we have heard the sequel is even more violent than the first.
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby jim carrey 85 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:06 pm

TNPihl wrote: After what we have heard the sequel is even more violent than the first.

HAHAHAHAHHAHA yeah :D but he was really big fan of the first movie he did that song with conan o brien and the movie is also violent, it's just strange.Just waiting for his tweet that he does not want to promote Dumb and Dumber 2 because is too dumb o.O like Cotton said IT'S JUST A MOVIE!

but LOVE Jim anyway, FOREVER!!!!!
"It's Going To Be LEGEND wait for it DARY.....LEGENDARY"-Barney Stinson (How i met your mother!)
jim carrey 85
The Truman Show

Postby EvaAraujo » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:15 pm

grinchy steve wrote:I defended him on the gun-circus that was going on. But not on this. People are going : "So, it's OK to turn your back at the movie afterwards, but first get the paycheck?" or "If he donates his entire paycheck from this film to charity, only then will I believe he is sincere about it." And I must say that popped into my mind also. I respect him as a person and I think he should be able to say or think whatever he wants. No doubt. But I don't agree with his weird statment this time. And what is his point by making the statment? That violence in movies is wrong? Bit late, no?

I don't agree with "The gun-thing had influence on 'Burt Wonderstone'... To me it was Warner fault for not selling the movie to other countries cause now, they have no idea. What if the movie was a huge success outside USA? Not to mention outside USA most of the countries have gun-control so that wouldn't make a dent.
If still the movie sucked, in the box office, they will still have receive more money if they had sold it to more countries. That's my opinion.

Again, I understand but what gets on my nerves (don't worry I'm not talking about you Steve..^^) is that sometimes it's seems like people are willing to be outrage by something that could happen to them.
No one changes their mind overnight. But people do change their mind. It seems by some of those people you read the comments from that he's not allowed to change his mind... that is shocking that he did it. Why is it? Everyone has change their mind at least once regarding something. Everyone. Is it because we found it out of blue? We are not in his life... We may found out about it out of the blue but the decision certainly wasn't make it that fast.

Now, it may or not influence what happens in the future but it seems to me that his twits aren't has final has some of the headlines I have read.
Some have jump to the headlines instead of thinking for their own head. As he put it "He's not ashamed of the movie", he just doesn't want to promote, which any actor is entitle to (even though we do care for the interviews...^^). Not to mention what I said earlier about what happen in March. I'm sure the same people who criticize him because of his opinion on gun-control are the ones who would still call him an hypocrite because he would be promoting a movie who shows violence.
His job, is done. But we all know, that he would be promoting the movie not his character.

And Steve, his point, if you read the tweet is that he can't no longer support it. His not generalizing his statement.
He are smart enough to know that violence is never good. He was just brave and honest enough to tell us: look, I did the movie and I'm not ashamed, but my heart has changed this last months and because of it, I won't promote the movie.
It just that simple.
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:20 pm

Jim Carrey 85 wrote:Completly agree, but Eva i'm not saying that i dont like Jim anymore, i would support him whatever he does but even here where people are his BIGGEST fans are against this statment i mean he first of all read the script and choose to do this character and the movie even after he know that is going to be a lot of violence.I'm with Steve here that i respect him as a person and he is my favorite actor but this movie like Wonderstone should bring him back to good comedys(people are saying that) and he do something like this :D it's just that i sometimes dont understand his comments and statemets........

I read this comment and actually made me laugh

"Real knights died hundreds of years ago...so I can't watch Game of Thrones."

but it's true, this is Jim's philosophy everyone know that this is a movie and he should keep movie out from real life, movies are enterteiment, real life is completly different thing.....

I know you love Jim. I'm not saying that. Don't worry :)
I may not agree completely but I'm not against it either. In the lights of what happen, I just think he's trying to be taking seriously and to do that, regarding the gun-control theme, he just took a stand.
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:24 pm

Rosita wrote:What I dont get is...how come he didnt see kick ass 1? To me it had too much violencdd,but it truly represented the consequences of it.
On the other hand, it is also the comic! I dnt know...he changed his mind and I totally understand him causdd he is human, but I do think he should have read or saw the first part

He saw it and he loved it.
But again... things have changed. And supposedly the 2nd one is more violent.
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:25 pm

Catherine wrote:I don't think you or anyone should laugh or make fun of JC s decisions,would you say that to your bff? Ask yourself with your speared words how he feels, and how he would feel to read those negative unsupportive words comming from his supposed, fans :-)
Why would you laugh at something he feels in his heart, that's not very nice or respectful

Or supportive at the present time, its like conditional love, I love jc either way its his journey guys did u forget the past 6 or 7 months he's been transforming changing becoming

Wow let's step back for a moment and trust in him man believe in him for all that he's worth
He's worth more than this ...trust not judge belive and support not put down
Like a true friend supports either way listen to the words he spoke
I have had a change of heart
HEART that huge. That has been torn and ripped apart over and over again please don't add another hook to it , no negative vibes only love ones send out to him and try please to be supportive that's a true fan and friend :-) :-) :-)
Its his journey / peace
Love and respect
C :-)

I do agree with you Catherine.
And we all here have our opinions and we all don't agree with Jim sometimes but we do support him, right people?
Whether he likes it or not! :lol:
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

PreviousNext

Return to (2013) Kick-Ass 2