Jim Carrey Online

Dumb & Dumber Sequel! It's on!! It's coming!

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.
Filming September 24 - November 2013

Re: Dumb & Dumber Sequel! It's on!! It's coming!

Postby Twigggy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:26 am

There's still hope, guys. This is from moviehole:

"We’ve both horrid and hopeful news – yes, news of dissimilar varieties – for those anxiously-waiting the previously-announced but continuously-delayed “Dumb & Dumber” sequel.

After so many hiccups (everything from scheduling difficulties to budgeting arguments to script problems – problems that were bad enough that Jim Carrey took leave from the project for a while; I believe he’s back on now) Warner Bros has officially exited the Farrelly Bros’ written/directed sequel, set to reunite Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels.

Deadline says, “Warners execs have hemmed and hawed over whether to let someone else finance while they distributed, or let it go completely. That apathy finally led to Warner Bros bailing a few days ago.”

Sigh.

There is some hope though! ”Wolf Of Wall Street” financier Red Granite – only in the business for a couple of years, but they do seem to have some money and a good rep – has apparently expressed interest in financing the film and selling foreign on it.

Furthermore, there are about 5 studios said to be interested in taking domestic (with Deadline predicting Universal, who do like their ‘Frat Pack’-style comedies, pick it up). Not surprising!

Either way, it sounds like this will be made.

Will Warner Bros end up regretting their decision not get involved with the sequel to one of their (well, New Line’s; Warner now own New Line though) biggest comedies of the ’90s?"
Follow me on Twitter: @RealJackBristow
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby Nick » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:39 am

So you're telling me there's a chance...
Nick
Batman Forever

Postby jim carrey 85 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:15 am

DAMNNN!! I know it! it's too good to happen is it? :( :'(
"It's Going To Be LEGEND wait for it DARY.....LEGENDARY"-Barney Stinson (How i met your mother!)
jim carrey 85
The Truman Show

Postby Twigggy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:44 pm

A few articles have said that five distributors are interested in this already. I don't know a whole lot about the moviemaking process. But to me, this sounds like good news.
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby TNPihl » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:05 pm

Yea best news for a long time that Warner Bros has dropped it. This can just be good. :)
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby Twigggy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:36 pm

Yes. I'm wondering if a new distributor picks it up quickly if there's a possibility it will start filming sometime this year? Maybe we'd even get the movie sooner. That'd definitely be a plus!
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby grinchy steve » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:46 pm

Universal (Bruce Almighty, Grinch, Liar Liar) should be interested, since Carrey had some very good numbers for them. Maybe even Fox (M, M & I, Popper, Horton) Paramount (Lemony Snicket, Truman Show) or Sony (Cable Guy, Dick & Jane) ... bottom line is : Carrey almost never did bad at the box office. D&D2 should be a solid hit.

And for WB ... I don't know. Even Yes Man did very good worldwide, he gave them Ace I & II and Batman Forever ... 3 winners. I know, there's also The Majestic and Under the Sea, but in that case we are not talking about a Carrey comedy. They let D&D2 go because of The Incredible Burt Wonderstone? Well, the promotion team (trailers were lame) should have done a better job. And what WB is doing with the movie right now in a lot of European countries, it's just wrong. They are shooting in their own feet.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Twigggy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:06 pm

I find it hilarious that they had no trouble greenlighting that terrible POS "When Harry Met Lloyd," that didn't even have the advantage of the same cast and directors yet they pass on this one, which is almost a guaranteed success.

When they see how much money this makes, I'm sure they'll be wishing they had distributed it. Of course, they'll be making a lot of money off of it, anyway, even if they're not involved.
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby jim carrey 85 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:29 am

Twigggy wrote:I find it hilarious that they had no trouble greenlighting that terrible POS "When Harry Met Lloyd," that didn't even have the advantage of the same cast and directors yet they pass on this one, which is almost a guaranteed success.

When they see how much money this makes, I'm sure they'll be wishing they had distributed it. Of course, they'll be making a lot of money off of it, anyway, even if they're not involved.

ahhahahah absolutely true :D :) ahahh
"It's Going To Be LEGEND wait for it DARY.....LEGENDARY"-Barney Stinson (How i met your mother!)
jim carrey 85
The Truman Show

Postby Canadian Jayne » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:28 am

I think the name should change too/to:

Dum and Dummer to, there shouldn't even be a "B" in there it's just
plain Dum(b)

Do hope this happens but sometimes
"Good things come to those who wait"
But still hope it comes out for next year
it would be very "Timely"

For some reason I feel like we didn't see Jim that much in the recent Burt Wonderstone, he wasn't the main character just one
of four, a minor character.

In the next D&D, I hope he will be a major character :lloyd:
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby TNPihl » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:49 pm

Thanks a lot to Twigggy for an update of Dumb & Dumber To:

Jeff Daniels was interviewed on Skype yesterday. Some of what he said:

There is not [yet] a done deal, but it is close. He was very hopeful the movie will begin production later this summer, before his "Newsroom" filming obligations in November.

http://www.jimcarreyonline.com/recent/news.php?id=1871

Link to the Skype interview:
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/en ... 4497.story
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby Nick » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:34 am

Late this summer ? This could not be true. The whole process with financing, distribution, casting... it's a long road. And i don't think Jeff read IMDB or the news but this august Jim will be on the set of Loomis Fargo, so...
I was one of those fans who really wanted to see a sequel to Dumb and Dumber, but after all this shit with 'it's on, it's off, it's on, it's off''... i don't care anymore. The project should be dead, because Jim need to think at the other projects once he will finish Loomis and Ricky.
If this movie will happen eventually, i don't think will start shooting until february, march next year with a release date in december, like the first one in 1994.
Nick
Batman Forever

Postby Twigggy » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:57 am

Will Jim's role in Loomis be a leading one or a supporting one? If it's a supporting one, maybe he will have time to act in Dumb and Dumber To? No idea.
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby TNPihl » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:43 pm

Both Ricky Stanicky and Loomis Fargo are leading roles.

I am sure if it should be possible for them to go in production with "Dumb and Dumber To", Jim will just drop one of those movie projects.
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby jim carrey 85 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:19 pm

TNPihl wrote:Both Ricky Stanicky and Loomis Fargo are leading roles.

I am sure if it should be possible for them to go in production with "Dumb and Dumber To", Jim will just drop one of those movie projects.

Well, i scared because i dont want to happen same as last year, when Jim dropped Pierre Pierre because of Dumb and Dumber and Dumb and Dumber didnt even shoot, so he just lost that good project, i agree with Nick that he should do first Loomis Fargo and Ricky and after them Dumb and Dumber, otherwise he will lose even loomis fargo and i'm guessing again that they wont even shoot this summer Dumb and DUmber 2 :P
jim carrey 85
The Truman Show

PreviousNext

Return to (2014) Dumb and Dumber To