Jim Carrey Online

TV/Radio/Internet Listings

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.
Filming September 24 - November 2013

Re: TV/Radio/Internet Listings

Postby TNPihl » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:22 am

By Eva Araújo
With the premiere of "Dumb and Dumber To" still happening in many countries throughout this month of December, no wonder that Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels have been busy promoting it.

Last month Jim travelled to London to attend the press junket and was later on joined by Jeff Daniels. On Friday, December 12, The Graham Norton Show aired with a great interview with Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels. The show was recorded on November 21.

Jim was the first to walk on stage been greeted by the host who immediately asked which one was Jim the "Dumb" or the "Dumber" at which Jim reply "There's really no way of telling". He also asks about him being alone because Jim has been seen around town with the Jeff Daniels puppet that he created. Jim replied: "Yes I did. I went into my art studio and I sculpt it of him because I'm a desperate man!"

Graham asks about where the puppet is, Jim mentions that he has made a new puppet: "I really got it down this time. A more realist version for sure" As Graham introduces Jim's new puppet, Jeff Daniels comes out! He sits on Jim's lap as Jim pretends to use his hands.

After discussing the fact that 20 years later, Lloyd and Harry are back, Jeff tells a familiar story about how he met Clint Eastwood and how the veteran actor love the first movie even empathizing with the toilet scene that Jeff Daniels shot.

When Jude Law one of the guests mention his new movie, Graham also takes the opportunity to ask Jim about something he hear about him training with navy seals at what Jim replied: "No. I did not train with the Navy Seals but what that may be referring to is when I did the Grinch, I was… literally the makeup was like being buried alive every day. The first day was 8 and half hours and I went back to my trailer put my leg through the wall ad I told Ron Howard I couldn't do the movie. Then Brian Grazer came in and - being the fixed man - came up with a brilliant idea which was to hire a gentleman who is trained to teach CIA operatives how to endure torture. That's how I got through the Grinch. It was quite hilarious! He said "eat everything you see and of you are freaking out and you start to spiral downwards turn the television on, change your patterns, have someone you know smack you in the head, punch yourself in the leg or smoke. Smoke has much as you possibly can."

"So I was this Grinch…" Jim started pretending to be smoking and hitting his leg explain how he had to have one of those long cigar holder so the makeup wouldn't caught on fire. "It was horrifying. I was just "It's for the kids, it's for the kids, it's for the kids.". He mention that he did the makeup 100 times! "And you know what got me through it? The Bee Gees. I'm not kidding you. The only thing that worked in the makeup chair to be calm through the process was everything the Bee Gees have ever done. I don't know why. They just made me happy. It made it possible. There would be no Grinch without them."

What an amazing detail we got the learn about the making of these lovely movies.

But the interview is not nearly over.

The actress, Tamsin Greig one of the guest in the show, ends up giving a lesion on how to fake an orgasm through a tip a director was gave her "can you pretend you are getting into a hot bath?". Jim, never missing an opportunity replies: "I prefer when they acted like they are getting into a cold bath with me." Jim then proceeds to yell… as if he actually was getting into a cold bath.

Talking about "Dumb and Dumber To", Graham asks how they get into the roll and as both im and Jeff had previously says, no research was done since Harry and Lloyd haven't got one once more intelligent but Jeff doesn't mention the shaking of his head to get into Harry and Jim talks about his chipped tooth: "It was actually grade school. I was in detention with my friend Clark - who was bottle feed until the age of eight - and we were running around in the class room where we were supposed to be sited in our desks and we heard a noise outside so I ran to my desk and I put my head down like a good little boy and Clark lookout the door and saw that none was coming and took a B line across the classroom, did a cannonball in my head and my tooth hit the desk and the nun put it inside an envelope and said "Jesus loved your teeth" and send me home. It was literally like a side note of guilt with the pain(…)"

Norton also mentions the amazing year that Jim had in 1994 which was the year of the first movie and the fact he had a lot of success at which Jim replied "Yeah but I couldn't really enjoy it cause I was so stoned! But now I'm clear headed and I'm really enjoy myself. I'm having a great time."

Graham seems impressed by Jim's success and the focus he had. Jim then admits what he has already said before, "I'm a huge visualize and manisferter so I literally spend every night of my life for about four years on Mulholland Drive after I do the comedy club manifesting my life so I made a check to myself for 10 million dollars for acting services renderer paid to the order of Jim Carrey post dated Thanksgiving 1995. Stuck it in my wallet and six months before that due date came I was making 10 million dollars for a movie. I gave my dad my check."

Needless to say we were all very moved by the story and we are very happy how it turned out. But for Jim that's not the only example of faith in the universe:

"I had an Irish teacher in the second grade who said whenever I want something I pray to the Virgin Mary and I ask her to ask God for it and I promise something in return and I get whatever I want. I need a bike. So I went home and I prayed for a bike and two weeks later I walk into the living room and it was a brand new mustang bike with a banana seat and chopper handles bars sitting in the middle of the living room. (…) I won it in a raffle I didn't enter. A friend of mine when to a sporting goods store and put my name in the raffle as well as his."

Speaking of father Graham Norton mentions the fact that Jim is a grandfather. That's a cue for Jim to tell us something about his grandson…<br><br>
"I tell him don't call me grandpa. And it's hilarious because he keeps doing it cause it bothers me. I say "don't call me grandpa" and he will go "grandpa" and every time he calls me I go a little older…" Jim pretends to become an older person.

The actress Tamsin Greig serves as another cue for Jim Carrey. She does an impression of a scared pig and as a deal he does his San Bernard impression… wetting Jude Law and Tamsin in the process.

Of all the skill that Jim has - and the man has a lot of them! - we never knew that catching a fly with be on the list! But yes! He did caught one in the class of water… of Jeff Daniels. After playing a joke with Tamsin, Jim, sets the fly free: "There's something about Jeff Goldblum!" and then we get to see Jeff Daniels drink the water.

After that Graham mention that Tamsin had to give voice to her own vagina in an episode of her show Jim takes the opportunity: "That's my favorite kind of puppetering!" making the entire audience laught! The host also mentions that Jim also talked through his ass: "Yes I did. I talked through my ass. I thought it was the perfect expression of rebellion."

After seeing a beautiful performance by Nicole Scherzinger Jim makes a playful remark with her name that makes the entire audience laugh.

Another great and entertaining interview by Jim. We can't wait to see/hear more!

We at JCO will keep you updated as more news come.
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby tlmarvin » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:35 am

The video from "The Graham Norton Show" isn't available in our country.

Sincerely,

Terry (Dallas, Texas)
tlmarvin
Fun With Dick And Jane

Postby Veysel » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:53 pm

Jim Carrey's had an illustrious career to date, creating and defining some of the best comedy characters of the 90s.
For many though, it was his turn as The Riddler in Batman Forever that'll linger longest (green spandex really is quite the brain-searer).
Given the phenomenal success of the rebooted Batman series, and its imminent reboot reboot with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, we decided to quiz the star of Dumb & Dumber To about whether he'd ever be up for returning to the Bat-verse.
Jim Carrey Wants To Reprise Batman Riddler Role
The Dumb & Dumber To star tells us he'd love to play his Batman part in DC's new movie universe...
We also quizzed one half of Dumb & Dumber To's director duo, Peter Farrelly, about the possibility of more sequels to their beloved comedy classics. Particularly, There's Something About Mary.
In short, don't hold your breath...
Dumb & Dumber To is in UK cinemas from Friday 19th December
http://www.MTV.co.uk/dumb-and-dumber-to ... um=twitter
Veysel
Doing Time On Maple Drive

Postby tlmarvin » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:57 am

Friday, January 2, 2015--9:55 pm CST

I wish the interview with Dr. Carrey on "Good Morning Britain" was longer than 42 seconds. I would've love to see the full interview.

Sincerely,

Terry Marvin (Dallas, Texas, USA)
tlmarvin
Fun With Dick And Jane

Previous

Return to (2014) Dumb and Dumber To