Jim Carrey Online

Box Office

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.
Filming September 24 - November 2013

Re: Box Office

Postby TNPihl » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:42 pm

I think UK will be big. Jim Carrey and Jeff has been almost a week in UK now. Guees they have been doing some shows and other promo things. Very interesting how it goes there.

A shame the US box office is not that succesful as hoped, but still not bad. I was hoping at least $100 million. Seems like it will end with around $85 million. It is almost 10 years ago Jim last had a $100 million movie (Fun with Dick and Jane).
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Re: Just keep watching Box Office

Postby Canadian Jayne » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:44 pm

Good Numbers.
We can just keep watching
:lloyd:
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby grinchy steve » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:26 am

TNPihl wrote:IIt is almost 10 years ago Jim last had a $100 million movie (Fun with Dick and Jane).

I thought this would be the one, passing 100 M again. I guess the competition is just two (huh, huh) hard. Also, I believe it would have done better with a June release. But hey, we have reasons to cheer, it's doing well. And the worldwide box-office will make it count. I wonder what the UK numbers will be.

There's a chance Ace Ventura 3 would hit the 100 m. :ace: I won't shut up about it.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby grinchy steve » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:38 pm

D&D2 dropped 42% this weekend, landing on 6 at the box-office scoring $8,295,000. That brings the total to $72,205,000 so far.

Horrible Bosses 2 (5th place) didn't score as big as predicted, in fact it's a weak opening. Penguins of Madagascar (2nd place) did good not great, since the fame of the brand 'Madagascar' was predicted to score better.

So ... I guess the 100 M is not out of sight. It will be hard, but I believe there is a chance. Lol, just made me think of the D&D quote. :)
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby TNPihl » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:40 pm

Dumb and Dumber To Reaches $99.9 million

Here is an box office update after the third weekend for Jim Carrey's "Dumb and Dumber To". The movie earned $8.3 million in the weekend (-41%) and brought its domestic cume to $72.2 million, or about double its $36 million debut weekend. I think it may finish with around $90 million domestic.

Worldwide
"Dumb and Dumber To", which Universal is distributing in seven territories, grossed $1.1 million at 832 dates in Germany, Austria, German-speaking Switzerland and Spain for a total of $7.55 million. There were no new Universal openings this weekend with Germany holding over at No. 7 and $0.46 million at 418 dates. The total there is $3.4 million. Universal still has the UK, Australia and New Zealand to come later this month and in early January. As of November 25, the movie had made $7.7 million in Brazil which is by far its best overseas territory. It is said "Dumb And Dumber To" had made $29 million overseas.

It has a total of $101.2 million since it first opened.

TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby TaMiReS » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:48 pm

So glad to know the movie is doing so well in Brazil! People really love Jim here, I quite expected this but certainly not being the first overseas! Great news! :lloyd:
TaMiReS
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:08 pm

On Box Office Mojo, on the release dates section, there’s no Romania, Hungary and other countries. Are they gonna update the list / the numbers ?
Nick
Batman Forever

Postby TNPihl » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:31 pm

They will be added when they get the first numbers from the countries. The countries you mention have had premiere this weekend. So by Wednesday/Thursday there should be accurate numbers from those countries.
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:42 pm

Through Box Office Mojo, you can find the results of the 2014 cinematic releases. So far, Dumb & Dumber landed on 32. (23 backwards) So, while it performed below the expectations, -considering it was a huge anticipated sequel, a strong brand and Jim Carrey in a role he should have scored big time with- D&D² did good. Not great, but nothing less than good.

http://boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=2014&p=.htm

Most of the recent Jim Carrey comedies scored a lot better on the foreign box office, than it did the US. Strong fanbase. For some reason it's not happening for this sequel. My guess? First of all, bad timing. I still believe this would have been a bigger hit when released in summer. Mostly it was dropped between "The Hunger Games", "The Hobbit : Battle of the Five Armies" , "Big Hero 6", "Pinguïns of Madagascar" and "Interstellar" - All movies opening the same two weeks in a lot of countries. Second guess ... Bad reviews. By the time Harry and Loyld were showing up in the rest of the world, the word it sucked big time already reached us. (23% RT)

This movie also seems to have the most extremely mixed reviews I've seen in 2014. Going from "It's a total disaster, making 'Dumb and DumberER' look like a masterpiece!" tot "It's exactly what we've been waiting for all those years, they are back and delivering the laughs!" Strangely both coming from huge fans of the original. Even with some of my friends (some of them are big Jim Carrey fans), didn't like it. I wonder what I will think about it ...

The final numbers and place of Dumb & Dumber To will be known in a few weeks, when it's out of the theatres. I believe it's not going up, since the difference between 32 en 31 is about $ 7 M.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Nick » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:38 am

Well, soon the movie will have the premiere in Estonia, Australia, New Zealand, Russia and in a few small countries so i hope it will get good numbers from there [-o<
Nick
Batman Forever

Postby tlmarvin » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:01 pm

Monday, April 13, 2015--5:56 am CST

Morning JCO,
That's great about "Dumb and Dumber To", that's great for both Dr. Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels. I hope Dr. Carrey and Jeff will do another movie together. I like to see them do a dramatic movie together. They work so well together. Hope they decide to do a dramatic together.

Sincerely,
Terry Marvin (Dallas, Texas)

P.S. You noticed I didn't use the format. I kinda miss not do it.
tlmarvin
Fun With Dick And Jane

Postby grinchy steve » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:29 am

Good article on the newspage. :lloyd: Although, I'm less positive about the results. It's not bad, not at all. But being D&D, Carrey back in what audience wants him to do, it did not perform VERY good either, just solid, in the US. Overseas it performed below expectations. "Only" 83 M while "Popper" and "Yes Man" both performed around 120 M. Usualy, the typical Carrey comedies end higher compared with the US results. This time it's under the US score. And the US numbers are solid, no doubt, but not great. By the time it got here, a wave of extremely negative reviews already reached us. There's no doubt that hasd something to do with it.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Previous

Return to (2014) Dumb and Dumber To