Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index General Discussion Off Topic

REVIEW: Miracle

Here is where you discuss everything under the sun, just keep it clean.

REVIEW: Miracle

Postby Lloyd Christmas » Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:42 am

Starring: Kurt Russel
Rating: PG
Distributor: Disney
Release Date: May 18, 2004
Spoilers: Some

Synopsis:
The winter oylmpics are coming up an Hearb Brookes gathers a team of adults to victory against the Soviets and ends up beating Finland to win the gold medal! (Based on a true story).

Critique:
It all started when I went to go to the dollar movies, you know how they have posters all around the theaters showing the latest upcoming movies, well I seen Miracle with Mike Eruzione (The Captain) on the front cover. I was surprised they were making another hockey movie. About a month in a half after when I just got back playing hockey with a bunch of my friends I fliped on the TV and the trailer for this movie was on I was so shocked/excited. I coulden't wait to see this flick.

Do you like hockey? Are you a fan of hockey movies? This is the movie for you, even if you don't like hockey that much.

This nothing like the Mighty Duck series nor the Slapshot series this phenomenal movie goes indept with the hockey games and players. I have never seen a hockey movie, or sports movie in my entire life that goes that far. It's so incredible with what they do which I will explain more when I get further ahead, everyone should pick this up or rent it, and then I suggest you buy it because it's that damn good.

The Video:
Disney DVD presents Miracle in (2:351) widescreen-enhanced for 16x9 televisons. The video in this is really great there is 2 different verisons also, Widescreen & Fullscreen. But i'm a Widescreen kinda person becayse you can see so much more then you can on Fullscreen.

The Audio:
Disney DVD also presents Miracle in Dolby Digital 5.1 surrond sound. Great movie to hear on your stero (in which I watch it in) with the sound of the ice skates, checking to th boards, buzzers going off when somebody scores, the fans screaming, and even the commentary. I prefer to watch it on the stero.

The Extras:
2 Disc DVD - Includes over 4+ Hours of Special Features, The put lots of good stuff on this 2 Disc Editon.

On the 1st Disc:
They have some pretty neat stuff on here commentary with Kurt Russel & the director 'Gavin O' Conner' I never watched this verison yet, but I did indeed watch Freddy vs Jason with commentary and it's really great - I think it would be great too on this movie. Lets see they have previews for other Disney films and ESPN Sport Games, Scebe Selection, and the making of Miracle. The making of Miracle is excellent, they explain to you how they took regular hockey players and transformed them into actors and also how they got everything on the tape the 1st disc is full of goodies and is worth a check.

On the 2nd Disc:
Just lots of Specail Features on here, first one is the player profile/turning hockey players into actors which was really great how they go through everyone. Next is "Miracle ESPN Roundtable" with Linda Cohn which is pretty cool how they describe and interview and stuff. The sounds of Miracle is another goodie on this 2nd disc, they go through on how they got the right music to fit in with this movie - lots of orchestra kinda music in which fit the movie very well. After the sounds of Miracle they have included a special tribute to Herb Brookes, Gavin O' Conner shows us exculsive footage of Herb Brookes before the production of this movie of what his philsophy was for the game of hockey. Outakes is the very last feature on this disc in which they show funny scenes of what happend on the set of Miracle.

Final Thoughts:
Lots of great reviews this movie got, and it gets 5 out of 5 *'s from me too. This is truley the greatest hockey movie I have ever seen in my entire life - it's such a great movie, with great sound and video - If your not that big of a fan of hockey you should still check this out it's a very historical sports moment in the U.S.A. and I think it would probally change your mind of what you think about it - I highly suggest you see this movie.

Verdict: Highly Recommended

----------------------

The Movie:

The Video:

The Audio:

The Extras:

Overall:
Lloyd Christmas
Peggy Sue Got Married

Return to Off Topic