Jim Carrey Online

Jim Carrey to host Saturday Night Live

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Re: Jim Carrey to host Saturday Night Live

Postby Canadian Jayne » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:12 pm

Absolutlely agree,

"To Every Season"

Google

"Turn,turn,turn by the Byrds
(to everything there is a season)

see the one that has about 537,175 viewings.
It's 3 minutes
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby TNPihl » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:16 pm

By Lucas Allen (Web correspondent)

Since his first hosting gig in 1996, we here at Jim Carrey Online had been waiting for Jim Carrey's second shot at hosting the long-running sketch show Saturday Night Live.

Fortunately, the wait was worth it and the results were better than expected. Jim was able to give it his all that night alongside the show’s current cast including Bill Hader, Nasim Pedrad, Kristen Wiig, Andy Samberg, and former Nickelodeon star Kenan Thompson. He once again proves that he can still contort his face and body for our entertainment no matter how old he gets.

Here are brief descriptions on the many appearances he was in throughout the show:

1. Jim Carrey Monologue
Jim’s opening monologue includes complaining that 2010 was bad, but 2011 looks to be a great year. He reveals that he is a positive person, and he wants to make every moment of the New Year as special as he wants it to be. He ends the monologue by making a surprise proposal to a random audience member.

2. Black Swan
Jim Carrey's first sketch is a parody on the recent highly acclaimed thriller Black Swan with Nasim Pedrad in the Natalie Portman role and Carrey in the Mila Kunis role. His character tries to outdo her rival by giving suggestive ballet moves to her instructor (played by Hader). For some reason, it made me want to check out the movie.

3. Healing Conversations
Jim’s next appearance is in a talk show involving three people who talked about asserting themselves only to be seen breaking down from hidden cameras. Jim’s the third guest who talks about finding out his wife’s infidelity during a recent winter vacation. However, we see the hidden camera footage through the wife’s mouth that he’s emotionally shattered before rolling around in the snow.

4. Grady Wilson's Tantric N' Tasty
Thompson plays a guru in a commercial for his workout DVD on making sexual moves. Jim appears as the assistant guru who provides more ‘exotic’ ways to satisfying your lover. In the end, the two of them teach the finer ways of making group sex.

5. Worst of Soul Train
Jim appears in the end of another commercial this time for The Worst of Soul Train DVD collection which includes the worst performances by many of the worst acts. He plays a 80s-style singer with a bad Duran Duran-hairdo. The singer’s name is D’Versity, and his song was called “I Just Need One.”

6. Amusement Park Ride
Thompson gets haunted by a small group of singing robots during an amusement park ride that breaks down. Jim plays one of the robotic singers who attempts at pretty nasty things.

7. Psychic Medium
Jim plays a former impressionist turned psychic tarot reader who only used impressions to sum up the spirits. It shows Jim’s classic talent of impressions from his stand up days including Sammy Davis Jr., Billie Holiday, and surprisingly Alan Thicke. He even recreates his Jimmy Stewart impression that he had done for The Joe Pesci Show sketch from the 1996 episode.

8. A Taste of New York
This last sketch is pretty much the weakest of all the sketches shown that night. Jim plays guitar and sings in a band called A Taste of New York that sings mopey songs about the city. Though the sketch is short, it trudges at a snail’s pace.

Overall, Jim Carrey's appearance in the episode surpasses what he had done 15 years ago, and let’s hope he makes more. The episode also included two performances by The Black Keys who played pretty well. Next stop for Jim, Monday night’s episode of Inside the Actors’ Studio.
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:29 pm

because of the football game and Jim being on SNL NBC got the highest ratings last night

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entert ... colts.html

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:54 am

Unfortunately I didn't saw the SNL in 1996.
But this time I did!! It wasn't easy at all cause the video are region restricted but I found a way.

I LAUGHED MY HEART OUT the entire time!
He's amasing. I'm a proud fan...

And the icing on the cake? This afternoon, here in Portugal they showed "Liar Liar".
My Sunday was perfect! Lol
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby Canadian Jayne » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:56 am

Sorry, I missed it, I know, I said "Be there"

The flesh is willing but the spirit is weak, I had to get up early for
church the next day, fell asleep, I missed my
afternoon nap that day.

Sounds like all went well though. Glad to hear it.
Wouldn't mind seeing a few of the clips, not sure
where to find them.
I've been searchin.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby SA JCFan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:20 pm

* minor correction: although Wiig is briefly shown in the Black Swan skit, it is Nasim Pedrad who played as Nina.

I have to admit, I was sorta disappointed with this episode but mostly for the content that Jim had to work with, which wasn't very good (plus there was no Digital Short). SNL did this with Jeff Bridges when he returned to host a 2nd time more than 20 years later so I was hoping they would make an exception with Jim. Alas, there were no surprises.

We all know Jim puts a lot of effort into his work so I will commend him for making normally boring sketches watchable. That said, we can really see how much has changed in the last 15 years. Jim's career has been mildly steady and quiet, despite what other might say and SNL appears to be trying to play it safe instead of trying to go all out with the jokes. The only good sketches was the aforementioned Black Swan spoof, the creepy Merryville Brothers and the Impressionist Psychic, which undoubtedly brought nostalgia to long time Carrey fans who were knew of his early standup roots.

I sincerely hope Jim hosts SNL again but not in another 15 years.
SA JCFan
The Cable Guy

Postby cotton » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:37 am

I loved Jims parts. Jim was great but the rest was dreadful. The beginning speech horrible. Not Jims part the politcal speech at the beginning(Sorry I forget the guys name) and the news was not that great either.
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:58 am

lol......i bet we share our favourite skit........ :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
(namaste........ :wink: :lol: )
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:10 am

yup lol
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:00 am

The proposal bit was interesting ......I found it quite telling that he said she should be interested in him because he's Jim Carrey and that means big bucks.......hmm.......does he think that's all women are interested in?......Or perhaps it's the women he's been linked to........hmmmm
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Happygal » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:37 pm

I noticed that too. I would guess it's because that's all most women now and days are interested in. :|
One person's craziness, is another person's reality. ~ Tim Burton
Happygal
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Smiley:) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:33 pm

I thought it was good! My favourite clips were the Carnival skit (which was also slightly terrfiying) and the Taste of New York! That song pops into my head all the time :lol:
Also, the proposal bit was so cute! :D
Smiley:)
The Duck Factory

Postby cotton » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:07 am

He plays a 80s-style singer with a bad Duran Duran-hairdo

That 80's style singer Jim was doing with the bad hairdo was El Debarge from the group Debarge.lol

cotton
JCO Staff

Postby TNPihl » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:16 pm

Photos from all sketches are added in the Gallery. 200 photos. Check them here:

http://www.jimcarreyonline.com/images/index.php?cat=110

Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:09 am