Jim Carrey Online

Jim Carrey teams up with The Eels - "Cold Dead Hand" Song

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Re: Jim Carrey teams up with The Eels - "Cold Dead Hand" Son

Postby grinchy steve » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:01 pm

*cross-post* WOW :shock:

This whole thing did hurt "Burt Wonderstone" in an extremely bad way. Last week it was on number ten at the box office. Now, 4th week, it's ... gone. :o It's not even in the top 50 anymore. Following the box office is something I do for about 15 years now. That's something that (almost) never happened before. It's over. Finished.

I can't believe all the negative vibes about Jim actually had the effect they were going for. I'm so shocked by this, I can imagine this could realy hurt his carreer and will have effect on green-lighting future projects. Usualy I'm very sober on all those things, but this happening worries me.

Reading all about this subject, I also learned that some of the theatres banned "Burt Wonderstone" over this. "Kick-Ass 2" has everything to be a solid hit, at least. There is also a very big fan base and the original movie became very hot worldwide by people talking about it in a very positive way, everywhere. But if this is possible ... I'm afraid that the upcoming Carrey movie will be hurt by this also. Even if "Kick-Ass 2" does well, that could actually mean it would have done outstanding if it wasn't for this.

Damn the media and the twisted influence it has. I have no words for this. This sad fenomenon actually touched me.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby TNPihl » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:30 pm

grinchy steve wrote:This whole thing did hurt "Burt Wonderstone" in an extremely bad way. Last week it was on number ten at the box office. Now, 4th week, it's ... gone. :o It's not even in the top 50 anymore. Following the box office is something I do for about 15 years now. That's something that (almost) never happened before. It's over. Finished.

The new list from BoxOfficeMojo is still just the studio estimates. As I can see are none movies from Warner Bros added yet including "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone". If they are not added later tonight we will see the actual numbers tomorrow. :)

Burt Wonderstone is not out of theaters yet. It has played in 535 theaters this weekend, a big drop of 1,040 (-66.0%)!

When we see the results I think it will be in Top20.
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:06 pm

In the UK it was on it's way out after 10 days...........they don't seem to give films a chance these days.......... :(
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:15 pm

fluffy wrote:hehe.........lol.....good to see the Dirty humor back :wink: :lol: :lol:

Dirty humor is how we roll here... Ain't that right JCO?
I would, however, considered changing it to "Cotton Fluffy" humor... for no especial reason! :lol:
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:16 pm

fluffy wrote:In the UK it was on it's way out after 10 days...........they don't seem to give films a chance these days.......... :(

Mr. Popper Penguins stayed in my country for 2 weeks. :?
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:43 am

I LOVE THIS GUY!
Watch it people! It's worth it!

Some good sense for a change!
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby jim carrey 85 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:28 am

grinchy steve wrote:*cross-post* WOW :shock:

This whole thing did hurt "Burt Wonderstone" in an extremely bad way. Last week it was on number ten at the box office. Now, 4th week, it's ... gone. :o It's not even in the top 50 anymore. Following the box office is something I do for about 15 years now. That's something that (almost) never happened before. It's over. Finished.

I can't believe all the negative vibes about Jim actually had the effect they were going for. I'm so shocked by this, I can imagine this could realy hurt his carreer and will have effect on green-lighting future projects. Usualy I'm very sober on all those things, but this happening worries me.

Reading all about this subject, I also learned that some of the theatres banned "Burt Wonderstone" over this. "Kick-Ass 2" has everything to be a solid hit, at least. There is also a very big fan base and the original movie became very hot worldwide by people talking about it in a very positive way, everywhere. But if this is possible ... I'm afraid that the upcoming Carrey movie will be hurt by this also. Even if "Kick-Ass 2" does well, that could actually mean it would have done outstanding if it wasn't for this.

Damn the media and the twisted influence it has. I have no words for this. This sad fenomenon actually touched me.

Completely agree with you i dont know but i think that media just destroyed him :P but sad thing is that people believe everything they heard on TV, i hope not but this will surely have effect on his future movie carreer
"It's Going To Be LEGEND wait for it DARY.....LEGENDARY"-Barney Stinson (How i met your mother!)
jim carrey 85
The Truman Show

Postby Carrey's Girl » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:11 pm

fluffy wrote:In the UK it was on it's way out after 10 days...........they don't seem to give films a chance these days.......... :(

Yeah I know the feeling here in the US i think it was only on a week. Thats why i didn't get to see it because my parents did believe me that the movie wasn't going to last very long and look what happen. It didn't stay for maybe a week and that week was the week it opened. :x :(
I <3 Jim Carrey
Carrey's Girl
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby Twigggy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:33 pm

grinchy steve wrote:This whole thing did hurt "Burt Wonderstone" in an extremely bad way. Last week it was on number ten at the box office. Now, 4th week, it's ... gone. :o It's not even in the top 50 anymore. Following the box office is something I do for about 15 years now. That's something that (almost) never happened before. It's over. Finished.

Apparently, people are really angry about the video -- even more angry than I thought they would be. Since about half of the country is liberal, and that most liberal people agree with better gun control and what Jim is saying, you'd think they'd come to Jim's defense and stick up for him, but hardly anybody seems to be sticking up for him anymore, except for us at JCO.com. I worry too that this will really ruin his career. I hope this doesn't negatively affect Dumb and Dumber To.

What ever happened to freedom of speech? I guess you can say whatever you want -- unless the radical conservatives don't agree with it. Then, they'll boycott you. Hell, there are plenty of celebrities whose political views I don't necessarily agree with, but I'd never dream of boycotting their movies. Take Clint Eastwood, for example. I hardly agree with that man on anything politically. But still, he's Clint Eastwood, and he's awesome and he makes great movies.
Follow me on Twitter: @RealJackBristow
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby grinchy steve » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:16 pm

Does someone have the lyrics of 'Cold Dead Hand'? Can't find them.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Carrey's Girl » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:21 pm

Twigggy wrote:

Apparently, people are really angry about the video -- even more angry than I thought they would be. Since about half of the country is liberal, and that most liberal people agree with better gun control and what Jim is saying, you'd think they'd come to Jim's defense and stick up for him, but hardly anybody seems to be sticking up for him anymore, except for us at JCO.com. I worry too that this will really ruin his career. I hope this doesn't negatively affect Dumb and Dumber To.

What ever happened to freedom of speech? I guess you can say whatever you want -- unless the radical conservatives don't agree with it. Then, they'll boycott you. Hell, there are plenty of celebrities whose political views I don't necessarily agree with, but I'd never dream of boycotting their movies. Take Clint Eastwood, for example. I hardly agree with that man on anything politically. But still, he's Clint Eastwood, and he's awesome and he makes great movies.

I agree. I'm hoping this wont ruin his career i'm trying to think positive and even if i didn't agree with him on the gun control (which i do) i surely wouldn't go out and boycott his or anybodies movies that is just completely rude and same thing with burning his movies. Really? You ever heard of selling them and you can get money for them and I don't mean to use the money to buy a gun. I do know one thing i'm sticking up for him every time i see some mean post somebody posted about him i start getting mad at the computer, like the computer is going to do anything but still.
I <3 Jim Carrey
Carrey's Girl

Postby TNPihl » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:07 pm

Here are the lyrics of Jim Carrey's song:

Cold Dead Hand

Some folks ride like the wind
With the whispering pines to guide them
And the burning light inside them
Keeps them warm in the snow

Others fear the sounds they hear
Make bandito's out of mole-hills
Fill their hearts with porcupine quills
They’re dead and buried long before they go

Charlton Heston movies are no longer in demand
His immortal soul my lay forever in the sand
The angels wouldn’t take him up to heaven like he planned
‘Cause they couldn’t pry that gun from his cold dead hand

It takes a cold dead hand to decide to pull the trigger
It takes a cold dead heart and as near as I can figure
With your cold dead aim you’re trying to prove your dick is bigger
But we know your chariot may not be swinging low

Cold dead hand - cold dead hand
You’re a big big man with an little bitty gland
So you need something bigger just to fill
Your cold dead hand

Imagine if the lord were here
And he knew what you’ve been thinkin’
Would his sacred heart be sinkin’
Into the canyon of dismay

And on the ones who sell the guns
He’d sick the vultures and coyotes
Only the devil’s true devotees
Could profiteer from pain and fear

Charlton Heston movies are no longer in demand
His immortal soul my lay forever in the sand
The angels wouldn’t take him up to heaven like he planned
‘Cause they couldn’t pry that gun from his cold dead hand

It takes a cold dead hand to decide to pull the trigger
It takes a cold dead heart and as near as I can figure
With your cold dead aim you’re trying to prove your junk is bigger
But we know your chariot may not be swinging low

You’re a big big man with an little bitty gland
So you need something bigger with a hair-pin trigger
You don’t want to get caught with your trousers down
When the psycho killer comes around
So you make your home like a thunderdome
And you’re always packin’ everywhere you roam
But the psycho’s win no matter what you do
‘Cause they’re gonna buy way more guns than you

And while you’re stumbling out of bed
They put five rounds in the back of your head
Or you get depressed ‘cause the money runs out
Then you put your own shotgun in your mouth
And your kids walk in and they find you there
Like a headless stump in your underwear
And they move the gun and it kills them too
And your wife just doesn’t know what to do
But she takes a hand grenade from her shoe
And she pulls the pin...

And it’s all on you
And your cold dead hand
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:17 pm

Thank you Tommy!
He's good at writing lyrics... A hobby I can relate too.

So fun!
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby Catherine » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:21 pm

those are some amazing lyrics ! im reading them while listenin to this jazz track for the first time and the song smile comes on , one of my fav,,,James Writes music, so did Charles C, 2 my favorites...its neat how you can read its meanings so deep ay...okay sending LOTS OF LOVE TO JAMES!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE we LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!! i say it you say it, so lets all say it loud and clear!

HIs heart is ever so dear,

Jim you make us laugh,
you make us smile,
we love you all the while,
even though your enemies and foes talk you down,
they can never ever take away the best part of you,
thats what makes you taller
cause you wear the golden crown! :wink:
if at all things seem or appear to fail, just remember that 'LOVE WINS"
Catherine