Jim Carrey Online

How Roland Rolls

Comment current news topics here.

Re: How Roland Rolls

Postby Catherine » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:19 am

Canadian Jayne wrote:This song is dedicated to
"Rolling Roland"
:D
Hmmm maybe Jim will do a book about the
Sun, moon or even a star
Well done, even though I haven't read the book yet,
I don't doubt, I'm sure it's pretty grrrrrrrrrrreat!

Nice song cj
My aunts no liesang with petulia Clarke
Brought back that memory her telling me her stories
Cathy
if at all things seem or appear to fail, just remember that 'LOVE WINS"
User avatar
Catherine
The Majestic
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:22 pm

Re: How Roland Rolls

Postby Canadian Jayne » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:21 am

PC is an amazing song writer
She's written her own songs and many for others
That must have been so fun to sing with Petula
User avatar
Canadian Jayne
Kick-Ass 2
 
Posts: 5164
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:47 pm
Location: somewhereoutthere,Ontario, Canada

Re: How Roland Rolls

Postby Catherine » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:07 am

Canadian Jayne wrote:PC is an amazing song writer
She's written her own songs and many for others
That must have been so fun to sing with Petula


Wow I didn't know that
My auntie had sang on a show on Sundays in Toronto in the 60" 70 era,
Italian show in Toronto
She didn't write songs but..

Exciting day!
I received my books today !!!
Felt like Christmas I sat on the floor in my shop and then opened up the package
Then counted each book 6....then opened up very carefully one of the books, and started to read
It was like a baby was born so I was carefully and gentle turning the pages....

I didn't want to bend or you know ruin any of the pages
Oh I was smiling as I read the book really neat feeling....
and it over so quickly
Soon as I finished 3 kids walk in
With mom, I said hey kids guess what,
Do you know who Jim Carrey is?

They said oh the the author guy and the cable guy and the mask!!
I said ya! Well guess what!
I have his first new book how rolland rolls!
just came in today and would you like,e me to read it to you?
And they said ya
.
So I read the story to them

One girl 7 years old was loving it and had her full attention till the end of the book and she was looking at the photos intently....
She had blue streaks in her hair just like waves I told her..

I asked all of them kids did you enjoy the book:-) ?
They all said yeah!
She said what she liked most about the book is
The surfer guy cause she always wanted to surf

So I said make sure when you go home let Jim
Carrey know how you liked his book they agreed they would!

So I donated one of the books to the school
For their library
Great day today! :D
if at all things seem or appear to fail, just remember that 'LOVE WINS"
User avatar
Catherine
The Majestic
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:22 pm

Re: How Roland Rolls

Postby EvaAraujo » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:56 am

Wow Catherine.
You donated one of the books? That's so cool of you.

I got my book today (September 27th) I was so excited I made a video, showing the unpacking of the book and talking about how you can get it. I don't show anything of the book inside but I do show the signed illustration I got. I didnt wanna spoil the book.
I'm gonna upload as soon as I finish editing....I'm actually proud of what I filmed. :D

But before that I actually was so inspired by the cover that I made my own "How Roland Rolls" nails.
I filmed it so I made a tutorial about it.

Here's the video:


Let me know what you guys think... and share pics if you tried!
I was happy with the result but today I had to take them out! :cry:
I can always make it again though... :P
I'm a guardian of the spark...
Image
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
User avatar
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff
 
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:29 pm
Location: Lisbon

Re: How Roland Rolls

Postby cotton » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:35 am

OMG your nails came out awesome! How come you took them off?
Image
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
User avatar
cotton
JCO Staff
 
Posts: 12040
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:54 pm
Location: JCO Forum

Re: How Roland Rolls

Postby Catherine » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:14 am

I love that you did that Eva! Beautiful cute nails very artistic
You did a great job think about doing the for some people would be great
I like to see that and even tee shirts cookies you can create that so well!
Well done good job!
Love Cathy xo
if at all things seem or appear to fail, just remember that 'LOVE WINS"
User avatar
Catherine
The Majestic
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:22 pm

Re: How Roland Rolls

Postby EvaAraujo » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:04 pm

cotton wrote:OMG your nails came out awesome! How come you took them off?


They started to chipped! Roland was about to lose an eye! :lol:
I did them last Sunday. So they lasted a week. ^^

And thank you!
I'm a guardian of the spark...
Image
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
User avatar
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff
 
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:29 pm
Location: Lisbon

Re: How Roland Rolls

Postby EvaAraujo » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:07 pm

Catherine wrote:I love that you did that Eva! Beautiful cute nails very artistic
You did a great job think about doing the for some people would be great
I like to see that and even tee shirts cookies you can create that so well!
Well done good job!
Love Cathy xo


Thank you!
Yup. That way many can do it too.
I've done some nail art tutorials but I've done them in Portuguese since tutorial in my language with products from here... are very rare.
In fact I made a Portuguese version of this one too.
Same video but narration in Portuguese!

I Roland T-shirt would be cool to see too!
Thank you Cathy. Much love for you too!
I'm a guardian of the spark...
Image
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
User avatar
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff
 
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:29 pm
Location: Lisbon

Re: How Roland Rolls

Postby JimCarreyschick » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:11 am

Wow that's fabulous Eva, I love the way your nails turned out. When my nails get longer I'm definitely going to try this. Thank you for posting your clip on making the How Roland Rolls nails.

Jen :)
JimCarreyschick
Horton Hears a Who!
 
Posts: 748
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:13 am

Re: How Roland Rolls

Postby EvaAraujo » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:24 am

JimCarreyschick wrote:Wow that's fabulous Eva, I love the way your nails turned out. When my nails get longer I'm definitely going to try this. Thank you for posting your clip on making the How Roland Rolls nails.

Jen :)


Thank you so much!
Please do try and show me pictures of it. I wanna see it!
You're very welcome!
I'm a guardian of the spark...
Image
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
User avatar
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff
 
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:29 pm
Location: Lisbon

Re: How Roland Rolls

Postby Retard_Messiah » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:31 am

the review was amazing. I really want to read this book and I hope Jim will read more books. I always have known it. You can see it in his acting and his later choices of movies. He is a deep person and I am sure there is a lot of serious and interesting thougts in his brain to share. And I also hope he will make some adult books. Jim Carrey is a man with many faces. And I dont mean goofy faces. He can act, he is a comedy god, he is a good singer and now he also a writer. I have been a fan since I was maybe 14 years old and now I am 32. Thanks Jim I will buy the book when it comes to Sweden. And the writer of this review makes me more interested in reading the book.
Image
User avatar
Retard_Messiah
Kick-Ass 2
 
Posts: 3655
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:16 pm
Location: Karlshamn, Sweden

Re: How Roland Rolls

Postby EvaAraujo » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:25 am

Retard_Messiah wrote:the review was amazing. I really want to read this book and I hope Jim will read more books. I always have known it. You can see it in his acting and his later choices of movies. He is a deep person and I am sure there is a lot of serious and interesting thougts in his brain to share. And I also hope he will make some adult books. Jim Carrey is a man with many faces. And I dont mean goofy faces. He can act, he is a comedy god, he is a good singer and now he also a writer. I have been a fan since I was maybe 14 years old and now I am 32. Thanks Jim I will buy the book when it comes to Sweden. And the writer of this review makes me more interested in reading the book.


Please do. The book is amazing. I'm actually finishing editing a video where you can see me unpack the book and talk a bit about my first look and impression of it. You will want to buy it even more!

Retard_Messiah wrote:And the writer of this review makes me more interested in reading the book.


Really? :oops: Thank you so much!
I'm a guardian of the spark...
Image
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
User avatar
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff
 
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:29 pm
Location: Lisbon

Re: How Roland Rolls

Postby terrym » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:48 am

Thursday, October 3, 2013--7:45 pm CST

Evening,
I wish Jim Carrey will have a Book signing at a Barnes & Noble here in Dallas, Texas. It'll be great if he does.

Sincerely,

Terry M (Dallas, Texas) :D
User avatar
terrym
Mike Hammer: Murder Takes All
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:56 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: How Roland Rolls

Postby EvaAraujo » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:21 am

terrym wrote:Thursday, October 3, 2013--7:45 pm CST

Evening,
I wish Jim Carrey will have a Book signing at a Barnes & Noble here in Dallas, Texas. It'll be great if he does.

Sincerely,

Terry M (Dallas, Texas) :D


So far the he will be in the Barnes & Noble of New York and Los Angeles!
But who knows! He might!

I wish he would come here though!
I'm a guardian of the spark...
Image
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
User avatar
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff
 
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:29 pm
Location: Lisbon

Re: How Roland Rolls

Postby Lady » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:47 pm

EvaAraujo wrote:
terrym wrote:Thursday, October 3, 2013--7:45 pm CST

Evening,
I wish Jim Carrey will have a Book signing at a Barnes & Noble here in Dallas, Texas. It'll be great if he does.

Sincerely,

Terry M (Dallas, Texas) :D


So far the he will be in the Barnes & Noble of New York and Los Angeles!
But who knows! He might!

I wish he would come here though!



HI

I just got Roland and was reading it. It is a wonderful children story with message to everybody. Rob Nason artwork was wonderful. Books with big pictures are the best for smallest audience. I loved reading it and went into this adventure of waves, sea and animals, all my favorite nature things. And the blending of of everything when they hit the beach is a lovely metaphor for changes in live. May Roland live a long prospering rolling live forever. I am going to read this story for all the children in the family.
Lady
Pink Cadillac
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:43 am

Previous

Return to Stop The Press!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests

cron