Jim Carrey Online

Jim Carrey meets the Pussy Riot

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Jim Carrey meets the Pussy Riot

Postby TNPihl » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:46 pm

By Eva Araújo (Web correspondent)

Sometimes to fight for our rights and for what we believe we have to make tough decisions that most people wouldn't be able to do…

Pussy Riot is a Russian feminist punk rock protest group based in Moscow. They are known for being against the Russian President Putin aggressive and unbarring actions.

In March 2012, three members of the band were arrested and accused of hooliganism. After a lot of media attention and sympathy by the West countries, two of the women who remained in prison for the longest time, were able to finally be free again. The case of Maria Alyokhina and Nadezhda Tolokonnikova was adopted by human rights groups and many celebrities showed they support to them.

Now that they are free they have being continued to fight for her rights, beliefs and freedom. In USA, they have been received like rock stars and last Sunday, the two received a proper Hollywood reception during their first-ever visit to Los Angeles.

"At a dinner hosted by director Roland Emmerich, Alyokhina and Tolokonnikova discussed expanding their cause-formerly, to free Russia from Putin's repressive regime-to include advocating for prisoners' rights with an N.G.O. called Zona Prava. They were stirred to protect prisoners after being imprisoned themselves for 21 months-for staging an anti-Putin protest in a Moscow cathedral-and being subjected to gulag-like conditions, including daily 16-hour shifts in the jail's sewing factory in between beatings and periods of food deprivation."

Many celebrities attended the dinner… And Jim Carrey was one of them.

The story and the actions of these women are inspiring and brave. We wish sometimes we could be as strong as they were.
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Re: Jim Carrey meets the Pussy Riot

Postby Catherine » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:23 am

Very good article! I had no idea what this was all about untill I read this!!! It is terrible. That this kind of abuse happens around our world.
if at all things seem or appear to fail, just remember that 'LOVE WINS"
Catherine
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:28 pm

Jim is very handsome in this picture :)
Nick
Batman Forever

Postby Alyonushka » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:29 pm

I don't know how they can inspire us. I am an atheist but I think jumping, yelling (singing) and cursing in a temple can be pretty insulting. And before that they once started having sex in a museum in front of kids and other visitors. It was a piece of art, as they claimed. Ok. I've seen many pieces of modern art, some were made of human shit. And they still call it art. I don't mind. At least let there be no war... The west loves them because they are against Putin. It's sort of a vogue to hate Putin. And Russia. I hate politics. It kills hope for the peace in the whole world.
I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad...
Alyonushka
Bruce Almighty

Postby fluffy » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:32 pm

i agree with you Aly.........there are better, and classier ways to make a statement...i think they should have gone down the intellectual route and roped in some computer experts and targeted the internet........i don't think defiling churches, or getting your tits out says anything positive about feminism.......it's juvenile and old fashioned.......
just my thoughts on the matter........lol....... :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Return to Stop The Press!