Jim Carrey Online

Horton SE DVD arrives December 9

Discuss this animation. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Horton SE DVD arrives December 9

Postby TNPihl » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:50 pm

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment have announced the release of "Horton Hears a Who!". It will be released on Region 1 DVD and Blu-ray on 9th December 2008. The Special Editions are loaded with bonus features, big and small, including commentary with directors Jimmy Hayward and Steve Martino, eight featurettes, exclusive deleted footage and the debut of the Ice Age short “Surviving Sid.”

Horton Hears A Who! will be available in Single Disc DVD ($29.98 U.S.), Two-Disc Special Edition ($34.98 U.S.), Two-Disc Gift Set with Horton Plush ($39.98 U.S.) and Blu-ray Two-Disc Special Edition ($39.98 U.S.).

DVD “SPECKS”:

Dr. Seuss’ Horton Hears A Who! DVD is presented in a flipper disc featuring both full screen (1.31:1 aspect ratio) and widescreen format (1.85:1 aspect ratio) with English 5.1 Dolby Surround, Spanish/French Dolby Surround with English and Spanish subtitles. DVD bonus features will include:

Single Disc Edition - A double-sided disc with both widescreen and full screen presentations. Features include:

- Directors’ Audio Commentary with Jimmy Hayward and Steve Martino
- Ice Age short “Surviving Sid” - All-new animated short focusing on the Ice Age characters Sid and Scrat

Two-Disc Special Edition Including Digital Copy - Includes all above single-disc content with the following extra material featured on the second disc:

- Deleted Footage and Animation Screen Tests (w/ Introductions and optional audio commentaries by the directors)
- That’s One Big Elephant: Animating Horton - In an animation-focused featurette, learn how Blue Sky brought Horton to life
- Bringing the Characters to Life - Watch the animators' hilarious initial performances recorded as a reference to assist in animating the film
- Meet Katie - Discover how the character "Katie" was developed by Blue Sky
- Elephant Fun: The Facts - Fun and informative featurette about elephants
- Our Speck: Where Do We Fit In? - Using interviews with everyday kids, we’ll learn how even small actions can help make the world a better place
- A Person Is a Person: A Universal Message - Featuring interviews w/ cast and crew, we will take a closer look at the characters, the story and interpret the meanings of Horton Hears a Who!
- Bringing Seuss to Screen - Learn how Hayward and Martino maintained the authentic look and feel of Dr. Seuss world
- The Elephant in the Room: Jim Carrey - Profile on Jim Carrey voicing Horton
- We Are Here! Game - Memory game in which you have to repeat the correct pattern of Who-noises
- DVD-ROM: Create Your Own Animation

DVD Gift Set with Horton Plush (Two-Disc Special Edition) - Includes all above two-disc special edition content including Horton plush

Blu-ray Two-Disc Including Digital Copy - Includes all above two-disc special edition content except DVD-Rom Create Your Own and features:
- Bonus View technology “Watch Horton Hears a Who! with a Who!” - Watch the movie with the smallest ‘Who’ of all - Jo Jo!
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby indy-jones » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:35 am

AWESOME!!! :D :D :D :D
Sure there's no Jim Carrey commentary or a new Horton short film, but judging by the list of special features, I am getting the two-disc set for Christmas!
"Snakes! Why it had to be snakes?"
-Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
indy-jones
Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls

Postby lammy » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:03 pm

Yayy ...maybe I'll get it for all my family to watch on xmas day - :D
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby jimliker » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:23 pm

HORTON HEAR A WHO ! DVD RELEASED ALL OVER India!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8) :D

Format: DVD
Price: Rs. 599.00

Special Features: • Commentary with Directors : Jimmy Hayward, Steve Martino • Deleted Footage • Animation Screen Tests • Bringing The Characters To Life • That's One Big Elephant : Animating Horton • Elephant Fun : The Facts.

http://www.indiainfoline.com/news/inner ... 2001&lmn=1

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Rosita » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:23 pm

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I am happy now!!!! :D :D :D
soooooo happy I ammmmm nowwwww that I ammmmmm starting to singggggg and danceeeeeee aroundddd myyyyyyy bedrooooooooooooom

(losing my head?...maybe :roll: )
Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color, choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable!
Rosita
A Christmas Carol

Postby jimliker » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:11 pm

there is an update on Horton DVD release in India.....it wil b released this Diwali , ie, 28th October!!

Excel Home Videos to release Horton on DVD

Jim Carrey's Horton Hears A Who, from the makers of Ice Age, will be released on DVD by Excel Home Videos this Diwali.
Excel Home Videos CEO Roby Abraham said, "We are banking on Horton because of the superior content and initial trade response. The DVD sales do register a significant jump during this period and Horton being a complete family viewing fare will strike a chord. Moreover we have a special inaugural offer where we are bundling Ice Age -2 free with the DVD."
The extra features include deleted footage, animation screen tests, Bringing the characters to life, Animating Horton, Meet Katie, Our Speck: where do we fit in?, and Elephant fun: the facts .
The DVD is priced at Rs 599 and is available at all leading stores across the country.

http://www.businessofcinema.com/news.php?newsid=10458

jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby CarreyGirl » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:10 pm

I hope soon for Italy! :D
I'm Dumb and I'm proud! :_D
CarreyGirl
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby jimliker » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:24 pm

i got my best Diwali gift......Horton DVD YAYYYYYYYYY!!! 8)

jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Rosita » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:20 pm

Relaxxxx pleaseeee
Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color, choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable!
Rosita
A Christmas Carol

Postby jimliker » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:21 pm

jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby jimliker » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:37 pm

Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who! DVD Review

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/dvdizzy/h ... o-877.html

jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby lammy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:10 pm

:D I just seen it with my kids...LOL-of course my little ones didn't stay still long enough to finish watching it-but I had fun watchin. :D
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Return to (2008) Horton Hears a Who