Jim Carrey Online

Andy Kaufman/Jim Carrey Silver Streak 30' Travel Trailer

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Andy Kaufman/Jim Carrey Silver Streak 30' Travel Trailer

Postby tonycheck » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:42 am

This might be of some interest to Jim Carrey Fans:

Up for sale is a 1976 Silver Streak Supreme Luxury Liner 30'. It was built for Andy Kaufman and later used by Jim Carrey during filming of the movie, Man on the Moon (about Andy Kaufman). I purchased it in Branson, MO in the fall of 2006, then moved it to St. Petersburg FL where it is parked today. Though it is in good condition for a vintage trailer, some things need repair or replacement. This would include the toilet (needs flap seal and new water connection), left wheel well damage ('as is' from when I purchased, sheet metal work needed), right rear fender damage (slight and fixable), furnace (functioned for a year, might need thermocouple), and carpets. I have replaced several water lines (trailer spent winter in Branson before I purchased, frozen water in lines), replaced all tires on the way from Branson, reattached shelves and cabinet doors, fabricated panel for door (screen/solid door assembly missing when I purchased), and replaced fittings on LP tanks. The A/C works. The stove, oven, and fridge work. Hot Water Heater, Sinks, and Shower work.

Here is a link to internet info from 2001: http://www.jimcarreyonline.com/recent/news.php?id=354

I will be placing this Silver Streak Trailer up for auction on ebay in a week or two. Please contact me if you are interested. I would be happy to answer your questions to the best of my ability. I have many more pictures, documentation, etc...
Tony Check727.365.3044
tonycheck

Re: Andy Kaufman/Jim Carrey Silver Streak 30' Travel Trailer

Postby fluffy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:07 am

WOW!....that's adorable..... :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Return to The Speakeasy