Jim Carrey Online

Academy Awards Moments

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Academy Awards Moments

Postby TNPihl » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:44 am

Jim Carrey attended the Oscar show in 2004 and was presenter of the honorary award to Blake Edwards.

When Jim presented the award, Blake wanted Jim to hold his Oscar while he did his acceptence speech and Jim tried to hand it back to Blake and said, "No, they don't let me have these."

Jim Carrey attended the Oscar show in 1999 and was presenter of the Outstanding Achievement in Film Editing.

Jim came out and immediately started talking about his not being nominated. He dramatically explained that it wasn't winning, it was getting nominated that was the most important, and abruptly acted like he broke down and cried. He then switched tact, and joyously made a mention of Best Actor nominee Roberto Benigni ("Life Is Beautiful") a la Benigni's excitable awards acceptance style. As he opened the envelope, Carrey acted like he suffered a severe paper-cut, and said in an annoyed tone of voice, "That's just perfect."

Jim Carrey attended the Oscar show in 1997 and was presenter of the Visual Effects Award.

Jim entered stage, walked to the microphone, stood there with his arms stretched on the "Liar Liar" poster’s pose and after a carefully timed moment said:

"And how was your weekend? ... Mine was gooood."

Jim Carrey attended the Oscar show in 1996 and was presenter of best cinematography.

Jim used two characters from the movie "Toy Story" as he reads the nominees in the category

Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Re: Academy Awards Moments

Postby EvaAraujo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:17 am

He won't be at the Oscars but he will be at the Oscar part hosted by Elton John.
He just tweet that.
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby TNPihl » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:17 pm

Academy Awards Moments
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" won an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay

Acceptance speech: Charlie Kaufman Thanks to the Academy... 29 seconds, 27 seconds, that's really intimidating. I'll try to look somewhere else. There's so many people worked so creatively on this movie and so I feel like this award is for all of them and I most especially want to thank Kate Winslet and Jim Carrey and director Michel Gondry and producers Anthony Bregman and Steve Golin. I'm suposed to wrap up now. No, I don't want to take my time I want to get off the stage, so thank you. Hi to my daughter, Anna.

TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby Catherine » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:43 am

speaking about Acadamy Awards, last night, missed seeing Jim , but, what came to mind when the James Bond tribute was on there, was of course the one and only James as we know is, James E Carrey, JC!
All i could think about was seeing James in his own little "The other James Bond" kinda guy clip, and i kept seeing images of him pictures with muppet people, i just couldnt help it. as i was watching Shirley Bassey sing, Gold finger, im picturing a comedy spin off in my mind for a flash of a few moments, these racing thought of Jim, and had a good laugh all to myself, and it was funny. Glad to hear he had a good time last night and love the feet and wings! so original so him ay? Peace atcha! thanks for the great posts here!! very...how do you say, cheereeooo!!!!!! :D
Last edited by Catherine on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
if at all things seem or appear to fail, just remember that 'LOVE WINS"
Catherine
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby Catherine » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:44 am

TNPihl wrote:Academy Awards Moments
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" won an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay

Acceptance speech: Charlie Kaufman Thanks to the Academy... 29 seconds, 27 seconds, that's really intimidating. I'll try to look somewhere else. There's so many people worked so creatively on this movie and so I feel like this award is for all of them and I most especially want to thank Kate Winslet and Jim Carrey and director Michel Gondry and producers Anthony Bregman and Steve Golin. I'm suposed to wrap up now. No, I don't want to take my time I want to get off the stage, so thank you. Hi to my daughter, Anna.

My son absolutly LOVED this one!!! :D
if at all things seem or appear to fail, just remember that 'LOVE WINS"
Catherine
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby TNPihl » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:51 am

Academy Awards Moments
Lemony Snicket won an Oscar for Best Makeup

Acceptance speech: Bill Corso (I have a friend who knows this guy) Mr. Lemony Snicket, don't write any more of these books. They're corrupting our youth. Brad Silberling, I'm sorry you did such a good job in this movie. Dreamworks, Paramount, Nickelodeon, Brad Silberling, why did you have to do such a good job? And Jim Carrey, if you weren't so good, I wouldn't be standing up here. I share this with you, Morgan, Valli, everybody! Thank you.

TNPihl
JCO Staff

Return to The Speakeasy