Jim Carrey Online

Jim Carrey - I Never Wanted to Take Your Guns Away

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Jim Carrey - I Never Wanted to Take Your Guns Away

Postby EvaAraujo » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:24 am

Wow!

After a very long week of the "Cold Dead Hand" controversy and Jim's Oficial Statement on the matter... Jim has written a new blog entry in the Huffington Post:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/Jim-Carrey/the-quality-of-mercy-gun-control_b_3002001.html

"I disagree wholeheartedly with those who say that there are just too many guns out there to control and that more gun laws won't make a difference. Change must start someplace. I'm pretty sure that no worthwhile endeavor has ever been accomplished without a beginning and reducing gun violence in America is a worthwhile endeavor.

These mass shootings and daily body counts on your local news are terrible tragedies. The utter devastation that must be endured by the victims' families is unfathomable. These horrific events are also an invitation for us to become more civilized and to deal with our addiction and entitlement to violence. Not to shut our eyes and ears and scream at those with a different opinion than ours to "fuck off and go back to Canada." I will gladly go back and visit Canada as I have many friends and loved ones there. I am so proud of that country and everything it's given to me, but I am also a naturalized American citizen and I have been bringing as much joy as I can to people in this country for 30 years. I care deeply about our future and I feel it's my duty as a citizen to do everything in my power to make this a better place.

For those who say I'm a hypocrite because I have an armed bodyguard, lets make one thing clear: No one in my employ is allowed to carry a large magazine and NO ONE IS ASKING ANYONE TO GIVE UP THEIR RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS, though it is in the vested interests of those who profit by gun sales to make it seem so. It's just the type of arms, the easy access and the means with which to cause massive devastation to good and innocent people that I hope we can limit. It's the quality of mercy, the tiniest spark of empathy that I know lives in every one of us that I wish to ignite in you.

And to the bullies who will try to marginalize and discredit me by saying, "Shut up, you're just an actor," while they brag about what a great president the ACTOR Ronald Reagan was, who threaten me with the demise of my acting career and much worse, I say SO BE IT! How shallow do they think I am? I would trade my money, my fame, my reputation and legacy if there were the slightest chance of preventing the anguish of another Columbine, Virginia Tech, Aurora, or Sandy Hook Elementary School. I ask you, truly, what manner of human being would not?

I have been aghast at the level of hatred heaped upon me, my family and the people I work with over a mere difference of opinion on this issue. Perhaps my words were a bit harsh at the onset, but calling someone a "Motherfucker" is far different than wishing them to die. It is shocking to see this concerted effort to brutally intimidate anyone who speaks of a compassionate compromise.

These thugs, though menacing, are a minority but they will have their way if good people don't step forward now and make a difference. Every American has the right to speak their mind. Every American has the right to bear arms. But it is up to every American to draw the line when it comes to the type of guns that are considered a reasonable means of self-defense.

No one is allowed to own a bazooka. In a movie theater an assault rifle with a 100-round drum magazine can cause just as much damage.

So don't just sit there and do nothing. Contact your representatives and let them know that their jobs depend upon change. It won't always be someone else's kids in the line of fire.

The time is now. LET YOUR HEART BE HEARD."

I don't know about you guys but I was so moved by his post that I had to reply on twitter and I comment on the HuffPost as well.

It's just warmed my heart and put a smile on my face.
As many of you here know, I became an active part is answering some comments regarding this matter as well as sharing my opinion. And reading Jim use the word "compromise" that I have repeated so many times in this last week, let's me know that, at least on this matter, we really are on the same page and that I did well in sharing my opinion.

I feel happy. ^^
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Re: Jim Carrey - I Never Wanted to Take Your Guns Away

Postby cotton » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:06 am

The only large gun that should be in anybodys hands is the one in Jims pants! :lol: :twisted:

TY Eva for the article

I feel bad for him. Those asses put him through hell :(
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:38 am

I'm in awe of his letter.......to stand up for what he believes in such a public way takes guts and he's proving to all those haters just how articulate, smart and impressive he is...perhaps they will take him seriously now...... :wink: =D> =D> =D>
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:58 am

cotton wrote:The only large gun that should be in anybodys hands is the one in Jims pants! :lol: :twisted:

TY Eva for the article

I feel bad for him. Those asses put him through hell :(

LOLOL Only you Cotton! You should tweet Jim that.

You're welcome.

So did I. That's why we need our love to reach him more often.
I felt so moved by what he say that I twit him this: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rji9s3

Yes I write too much. lol ^^

I twited him again after he shared the link himself:

"@JimCarrey Couldn't agree + seems not enough but I really couldn't agree +. Spank you Jim! Love from Portugal & @JimCarreyOnline = )

fluffy wrote:I'm in awe of his letter.......to stand up for what he believes in such a public way takes guts and he's proving to all those haters just how articulate, smart and impressive he is...perhaps they will take him seriously now...... :wink: =D> =D> =D>

I agree. =D> =D> =D>
That was the perfect answer! :D
Last edited by EvaAraujo on Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby Carrey's Girl » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:19 pm

I dont know why i bother on twitter. He ignores me like everybody else. Wow I wonder if he knows some of the kids i got to school with and they tell him to ignore me. :evil: :roll: :?
I <3 Jim Carrey
Carrey's Girl
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby Catherine » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:28 pm

That's awesome article Jim wrote . Its a great idea to always let him know how much we care about him and support and love him . That's great you do that, everyday be nice any :-) :-) we love Jim he is precious and dear.I love all who love him :-). Makes me happy and smile :-) thanks guys :-) u r the best :-) :-) I'm sure he sees all the good sweet tweets out there, love love cat.
if at all things seem or appear to fail, just remember that 'LOVE WINS"
Catherine

Postby fluffy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:36 pm

1 dont know why i bother on twitter. He ignores me like everybody else. Wow I wonder if he knows some of the kids i got to school with and they tell him to ignore me..

Please don't take it personally hon, he ignores pretty much all of us :lol: .....but when you consider that he has 10 million twitter followers and gets thousands of fan letters a month i'm not surprised...... :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:47 pm

Carrey's Girl wrote:I dont know why i bother on twitter. He ignores me like everybody else. Wow I wonder if he knows some of the kids i got to school with and they tell him to ignore me. :evil: :roll: :?

Jim tweeted me a couple of weeks ago. But before that I didn't get any tweet. And after that too. :P
You should tweet him cause you feel the need to do it not because you're waiting for a reply.
Trust me. The reply will come if it comes has a consequence of your love.

It's very hard 4 him to reply to every1. I mean, he has a lot of replies and mentions everyday.
I have a hard time catching up when I have two people, imagine him. ^^'

So cheer up! :lol:
Believe...
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby Carrey's Girl » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:45 pm

I don't want to say much because I know how annoying I am and i don't want him to get annoyed. :)
I <3 Jim Carrey
Carrey's Girl

Postby fluffy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:48 pm

you be yourself girl.......Don't talk yourself down like that!...... :wink: :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:05 am

Carrey's Girl wrote:I don't want to say much because I know how annoying I am and i don't want him to get annoyed. :)

You can't get more annoying than me!
I have reply many times to Jim. But only when I feel the need to say something.
If you feel that need, do it.

Remember that he may not know anything about you but you're love may reach him and the more love it reaches the better. Every fan counts... Truly! :)

fluffy wrote:you be yourself girl.......Don't talk yourself down like that!...... :wink: :D

Fluffy is right.
Hey, better be annoying than a stalker! :lol:
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Return to Stop The Press!