Jim Carrey Online

Upcoming Project? - The Portland Condition

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Upcoming Project? - The Portland Condition

Postby EvaAraujo » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:21 pm

Hi guys!

Just found this article that says Jim is attached to do another movie... A romantic flick.
It's just a rumor but who knows. :D

http://www.wweek.com/portland/blog-29581-jim_carrey_may_star_in_film_set_in_portland.html

What do you guys think?
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Re: Upcoming Project? - The Portland Condition

Postby carreylegend » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:09 am

Love to see him do a romantic flick or a woody allen or scorsese film as he always wanted to do.
carreylegend
Bruce Almighty

Postby EvaAraujo » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:48 am

carreylegend wrote:Love to see him do a romantic flick or a woody allen or scorsese film as he always wanted to do.

I wanna seeing in a romantic movie too.
It's one type of movie he hasn't done that much...
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby JimCarreyschick » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:57 pm

I hope Jim will do this movie, he's the best!

Jen :)
JimCarreyschick
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby Nick » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:00 pm

I found some details about this (possible) upcoming project and i wanted to share it with you guys. Sounds interesting to me, and it looks like the script is in possession of JC 23 Enterteinment, Jim's production company, so maybe will happen. I think the movie is currently in development :)

https://www.specscout.com/homepage.php? ... &sp_id=828
Nick
Batman Forever

Postby fluffy » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:36 pm

mmmm.........it sounds interesting, my only concern would be they are proposing a male lead aged around 30........Jim could play the older Jasper though.............
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Nick » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:41 am

I've seen on My Entertainment World.com that the movie is about to start shooting this august, so i wonder if Jim is still attached to star, since we haven't heard anything about this project since 2012. I think the premise is interesting and... it's another drama for him :)
Nick
Batman Forever

Postby EvaAraujo » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:01 am

Nick wrote:I've seen on My Entertainment World.com that the movie is about to start shooting this august, so i wonder if Jim is still attached to star, since we haven't heard anything about this project since 2012. I think the premise is interesting and... it's another drama for him :)

Yeah. It would be great but so far no new projects news.
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby Nick » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:41 pm

I came back with an update. Again, on My Entertainment World.com it says that the movie will begin shooting next month, Jim is in it and will be directed by Nick Cassavetes (John Q, The Notebook, Alpha Dog). If it is true, i think we'll hear some news very, very soon, early next month. [-o< The movie is another independent drama (like Bad Batch, True Crimes).

From the website
PORTLAND CONDITION, THE - August, 2015 - Atlanta, GA & Portland, OR; Flynn Picture Company/Big Indie Pictures/Some Kind of Garden, 7255 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90046. Tel: 323-467-8787; Fax: 323-467-7730; Email: beau@flynnpictureco.com. CAST, Jim Carrey; PROD, Beau Flynn, Declan Baldwin, Monica Levinson, Michael Aguilar; DIR, Nick Cassavetes; SCR, Dan Cohn, Jeremy Miller. (Posted: June 24, 2015)
Nick
Batman Forever

Postby Veysel » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:32 pm

STORY: The film is about a young man finds himself falling in love for the first time - only to receive a letter from his future self, warning him of impending heartbreak.
Veysel
Doing Time On Maple Drive

Postby grinchy steve » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:52 pm

I'm not sure about this. Jim has always been the man starring in either unexpected interesting roles or projects that fit him like a glove. Either by big studios or independent stuff, the choices he made defined him as an actor.

But this sounds like mediocre Hollywood-stuff that comes around every week. :( Nick Cassavetes ... Nothing interesting about him as a director, imo. He has no vision and is not able to put his stamp on a movie. His films could have been made by any replacable director out there. And it's always sentimentality winning from everything else with this guy.

Look at IMDB or Rottentomatoes (23%, 38%, 23%, 55%, goes on like this) ... Unpersonal typical predictable bland hollywood projects like this, Meh.

Well. This is officialy the first movie I don't want him to do. And all things and doubts considered, this is the wrong choice. I do hope it's not going to happen. I consider him too good for things like this. Yes, I actually said that. Like happened with many others, if he starts doing stuff like this, it will be hard to get out of it and be on top again. Everything in my body says "No!".

If I want to see him in a romantic movie, please make it a Woody Allen movie or at least something that stands out.

Sorry to be the meh-guy on this. ;) It had to happen one time. ;)
Ow wait, well, it happened before. I was the man in doubt with "23" also, from the moment I knew Joel was the director ... see what happened there? :p It took years before the critics would shut up about his carreer taking a huge dive because of that movie.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby JimCrazy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:40 am

grinchy steve wrote:I'm not sure about this. Jim has always been the man starring in either unexpected interesting roles or projects that fit him like a glove. Either by big studios or independent stuff, the choices he made defined him as an actor.

But this sounds like mediocre Hollywood-stuff that comes around every week. :( Nick Cassavetes ... Nothing interesting about him as a director, imo. He has no vision and is not able to put his stamp on a movie. His films could have been made by any replacable director out there. And it's always sentimentality winning from everything else with this guy.

Look at IMDB or Rottentomatoes (23%, 38%, 23%, 55%, goes on like this) ... Unpersonal typical predictable bland hollywood projects like this, Meh.

Well. This is officialy the first movie I don't want him to do. And all things and doubts considered, this is the wrong choice. I do hope it's not going to happen. I consider him too good for things like this. Yes, I actually said that. Like happened with many others, if he starts doing stuff like this, it will be hard to get out of it and be on top again. Everything in my body says "No!".

If I want to see him in a romantic movie, please make it a Woody Allen movie or at least something that stands out.

Sorry to be the meh-guy on this. ;) It had to happen one time. ;)
Ow wait, well, it happened before. I was the man in doubt with "23" also, from the moment I knew Joel was the director ... see what happened there? :p It took years before the critics would shut up about his carreer taking a huge dive because of that movie.

:grinch: :grinch: You are right grinchy. But still I always feel hopeful whenever Jim has took up a project. Believing that it would be an unique innovative movie. But, yes I have felt super disappointed after watching some of the movies. And many times I have been betrayed :p by the trailers. I just hope Jim selects projects like LeoDicaprio does. I guess Leo gets more project offers than Jim .
AAlright! TAKE CARE NOW, BYE BYE THEN!
JimCrazy
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Return to Stop The Press!