Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index General Discussion Off Topic

RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch....UK

Here is where you discuss everything under the sun, just keep it clean.

RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch....UK

Postby fluffy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:43 pm

This one is for the Brits only i'm afraid. Every year the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB) asks the British public to take part in a HUGE mass survey to check up on our bird and wildlife. It's extremely important so we can monitor declining numbers.
All you have to to is spend one hour between the 28-30 January looking out of your window and note the different types of birds/wildlife you see in that window of time.
I'm not a 'twitcher' but i do love our nature and i can't stress enough how important it is to monitor our wildlife.
If you are interested go to http://www.rspb.org.uk/ where you can either request a pack or download one. :D
Fingers crossed things are looking up for nature in the UK.

Fluffy :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Re: RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch....UK

Postby AdaL » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:19 pm

fluffy wrote:This one is for the Brits only i'm afraid. Every year the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB) asks the British public to take part in a HUGE mass survey to check up on our bird and wildlife. It's extremely important so we can monitor declining numbers.
All you have to to is spend one hour between the 28-30 January looking out of your window and note the different types of birds/wildlife you see in that window of time.
I'm not a 'twitcher' but i do love our nature and i can't stress enough how important it is to monitor our wildlife.
If you are interested go to http://www.rspb.org.uk/ where you can either request a pack or download one. :D
Fingers crossed things are looking up for nature in the UK.

Fluffy :D

YES! to all of this. All UKers listen...

It's such an important initiative that produces *huge* amounts of vital data to the RSPB. Look after our little feathered buddies!
Nature is in severe decline and a lot of people are unaware whilst a significant number of others sadly don't give a fuck... :(
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby fluffy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:20 pm

it's a good job that a lot of people do........ :D
So c'mon folks.it's only an hour of your life and the results will be out a few weeks after that nationally...... :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Canadian Jayne » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:52 am

I love watching geese (Canadian)
Seagulls, cormorants, all water birds
Truly fascinating
Nature is amazing
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby AdaL » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:47 pm

Canadian Jayne wrote:I love watching geese (Canadian)
Seagulls, cormorants, all water birds
Truly fascinating
Nature is amazing

Oh, Canadian wildlife ... <3

How I wish I could afford to visit..

There was a BBC doc on the polar bears in Churchill the other day and I ached with longing to go there.
Lovely wintry little portal to nature..frozen in time.
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby fluffy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:46 am

I love geese and water fowl in general.......there's a little pond near me that used to have 3 resident geese, the dad, mum and youngster. The male in particular was a bit scary but over the course of a few weeks i built up enough trust to have them eating out of my hands.....the. youngster however died and the male was absolutely distraught....it was really sad .....they also used to protect the ducklings in the pond from the seagulls by acting like bodyguards.....honestly, it was amazing to watch....
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby AdaL » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:03 pm

fluffy wrote:I love geese and water fowl in general.......there's a little pond near me that used to have 3 resident geese, the dad, mum and youngster. The male in particular was a bit scary but over the course of a few weeks i built up enough trust to have them eating out of my hands.....the. youngster however died and the male was absolutely distraught....it was really sad .....they also used to protect the ducklings in the pond from the seagulls by acting like bodyguards.....honestly, it was amazing to watch....

Nothing more rewarding that making a connection with nature and winning the trust of a wild animal. I'm currently trying to coax our garden robin into eating from my hand.
Trouble is..I'm fidgety and lazy.

And the instinct of all creatures to protect and nurture is incredible. I was watching a doc on the emperor penguins the other night and what those little dudes go through just blows my mind..
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby Canadian Jayne » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:35 am

Sometimes when i forgot a lock for my bike
Id feed a seagull at my bike
Then id go for a swim
And the bird would 8)
Watchdog my bike
After my swim id feed it again and it was happy
Last time i tried it
I got in trouble from