Jim Carrey Online

Why I Love Jim

We are always interested in hearing what you think of JCO or come with suggestions for new site features.

Why I Love Jim

Postby MG16 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:16 am

Hey I'm Marie and I'm new here. I thought I'd start off by telling y'all why I love Jim Carrey so much and what he means to me. When I was 6wks old, I got in an accident that left me paralyzed from the neck down. I can't walk so I use an electric wheelchair to get around but thanks to years of physical therapy I finally got some mobility in my arms, hands and fingers which is how I'm able to type this message but I still can't do most things like everyone else. Anyway back to Jim, the first movie I ever saw of his was "The Grinch". I was 5 when my grandma bought it on video as a Christmas gift and it was also the first I time I ever heard of it like I didn't even know there was a cartoon before that. Now most 5yr olds would be afraid of his version bc he does look kinda scary in the beginning but not me I still remember laughing so much even though I was so young. Whenever I had to spend the night (sometimes a week) in the hospital during Christmastime, my grandma would let me bring at least 3 videotapes from home and one of those tapes was always "The Grinch". To this day, I still make it a priority to watch every Christmas. I was 11, when I first saw "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective". You wouldn't believe how shocked I was when I found out he was the Grinch. Anyway when I was watching that, I remember laughing even harder (the adult jokes went over my head LOL). As I got older, I watched more and more of his movies like "Once Bitten", "The Mask", "Dumb and Dumber", "Batman Forever", "The Cable Guy", "Liar Liar", "Man on the Moon", "Me, Myself & Irene", "Bruce Almighty", "Fun with Dick and Jane", "Yes Man" and "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone". I remember watching his A&E Biography special on TV and thinking "Wow, he didn't have it so easy either" but I also learned that he had to work very hard in order to achieve his comedic dreams which has also encouraged me to pursue my dreams of becoming a fashion model and an actress in spite of my disability. Whenever I'm feeling really sad, scared or depressed, I have to put on a Jim Carrey movie bc he's the one celeb that puts a smile on my face even if the smile doesn't last too long. I'm 22 now and I've had to endure a lot of tragedy in the last few years. In 2015, my cousin was murdered by a security guard. In 2019, my older brother was murdered by gang members causing my mom to relapse back into drugs and get sent back to prison. In 2020, as y'all already know COVID-19 happened. Now I just look up at the sky sometimes ask God one word "Why?". Then I thought "I need to smile, I need to think positive" so recently I decided to have a Jim Carrey movie marathon to ring in the new year. I've also decided to watch some of his dramatic movies for the first time like "The Truman Show" and "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". I've recently learned that Jim had suffered from depression several years back and now I love him even more, I also love how he's so outspoken about it and isn't ashamed of it like most celebs are. That's why I love Jim Carrey, why do you love him? Please tell me
MG16
Once Bitten

Re: Why I Love Jim

Postby TNPihl » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:39 pm

Hey Marie,

Welcome to the site, so good to have you here. I am sure more users will write their thoughts :ace: :ace:
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby EvaAraujo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:54 am

Hey Marie.
You had a complicated life story but I'm glad to see that you fight everyday to be happy.
That's all we can do.

I've been a fan of Jim since watching the Mask for the first time when I was 10
I love everything he does because he has a lot of talent and is a beautiful soul.

Welcometo the website and the forum! :D
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby Canadian Jayne » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:26 am

Marie we are glad U
Have come to join us
I love to laugh.
Jim surely helps in this one
But also Jim is a teacher