You are here:
How the Grinch stole a video game22 Jun 2000
As you probably know there's a huge amount of tie-in deals already settled regarding "Dr. Seuss' How The Grinch Stole Christmas". We'll see the Grinch franchise attached to such assorted items as credit cards, candies, cookies, cereals, kids' meals and cheese snacks. But perhaps the most interesting memorabilia to look forward too, are a line of toys and a video game.
JCO contacted Konami, the company publishing the game, in search for all the grinchy details and this is what we've got:
Publisher: Konami of America
Developer: Universal Interactive Studios
Format: PlayStation, Dreamcast, PC, Game Boy Color
Ship Date: October 2000
MSRP: $39.99 PlayStation, $49.99 Dreamcast
The unique characters and Suessian settings of the classic children’s book are combined with the upcoming live action film to create this action-adventure title from Universal Interactive Studios and Konami. The game allows players to explore magical Who-ville and its many surrounding Who-land environments. An edgy mixture of action, collection, puzzles and exploration, The Grinch will play to the young, Who-venile delinquent teens, and adults who grew up reading Dr. Seuss.
- 3rd person, non-violent action and adventure
- Play as the ultimate anti-hero, The Grinch himself
- Collect and assemble a variety of gadgets to carry out missions
- Interact with numerous characters, including Mayor August May-Ho, Cindy Lou-Who, and various Seussian animals and creatures
- Choose from imaginative gadgets and weapons such as a Rotten Egg Launcher, Slime Shooter, Love Shield and GrinchCopter
- Sidekick Max the Dog warns of danger, distracts the Whos, and explores areas inaccessible to The Grinch
The Grinch interactive game © 2000 Universal Interactive Studios, Inc. Based on How the Grinch Stole Christmas! Book and characters (tm) & © Dr. Seuss Enterprises, L.P. 1957. All Rights Reserved.
-- With a big Spank You to Bender/Helper Impact for the game specs. Image © Universal Interactive Studios, Inc.. Click to comment this article.
» Send to friend
« Newer article | Overview | Older article »