Jim Carrey Online

Jim Carrey Statement about Lawsuit

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Re: :(

Postby AdaL » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:53 am

e.k2011 wrote:Is it any wonder that the founder of Scientology, L. Ron Hubbard, had Aleister Crowley as his mentor with his 'Do What Thou Wilt' motto. No time for morals and principles!..
The comments especially over at daily mail are so appaling. :( They don't seem to pay any attention to details: Different OS, different timelines and names on the messages etc.
I find it very strange that Cathriona started 'liking' and 'retweeting' Jim's tweets only from December 2014 onwards while her twitter account started in February 2013.
She started uploading photos of Jim's home around December 2014 too. Jim's lawyer mentioned that Cathriona sought Jim for reconciliation in November 2014.

https://twitter.com/littleirishcat

https://www.instagram.com/littleirishcat/

They are the worst people. Just the worst. I know I keep plugging Tony Ortega but if you go onto his site, there's SO many commenters on there who have suffered at the hands of Scientology and been victims of their harrassment.
As for the Daily Mail, the comments are ALWAYS appalling. It's a terrible publication. You have to try and ignore it, I'm afraid.

This whole thing is very strange indeed. I've always had an issue with the amount of pictures she posted related to Jim. No, he wasn't *in* them but for anyone who knows the slightest thing about him, they were very easily identifiable. And seeing as they were pictured in the press together in Spring 2015, all the photos she posted after that were quite obviously related to him: his house in Canada and LA, his pool, his sculpture, his dog, his shoes, his plane..
I didn't understand why this was necessary at all. And surely he doesn't want his home on instagram, regardless of whether he is immediately identifiable or not?
Why just leave out ALL photos related to him? Or at the very least lock your account. .
And one comment from her 'twin' made my skin crawl. She posted a pic of Jim's swimming pool and Travis said something like 'You do realise that twins share everything?'
:?

And if anything in that mythical video is to be believed, she was annoyed that his people, who apparently she termed as 'vultures', nixed their wedding plans.
IF that did happen then I can bloody well see why. Thank goodness he has people around him to protect him. I think she was still on at him to get married even though he's said several times in the last 5 years that he'd never do it again as it doesn't seem necessary anymore.

I've been thinking that the reason for their attack on him is due to the bad press they got for her suicide and his unwillingness to be ensnared by them, but I'm starting to think their plots ran back far further than we first thought. I can't believe they're not even trying to justify where they would have got all her correspondence with him from?
It has just become so ridiculous and is so OBVIOUSLY a shakedown. Those last texts were completely normal and unless you're some kind of sexually repressed simpleton, there's nothing wrong with them at all.

Poor Jim :cry:
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby fluffy » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:11 pm

If it's a shakedown it's a criminal offence so the police will be involved. Trust in justice and the legal system.
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby AdaL » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:09 pm

fluffy wrote:If it's a shakedown it's a criminal offence so the police will be involved. Trust in justice and the legal system.

God, I hope so.
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby sianlee » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:03 am

On a different note, sometimes the Justice system doesn't actually do its job...
sianlee
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby fluffy » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:39 am

Jim can afford the best lawyers and investigators so hopefully justice will prevail in this case.
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Serap E. » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:31 am

fluffy wrote:Jim can afford the best lawyers and investigators so hopefully justice will prevail in this case.

Jim's lawyer Marty Singer is called "pitbull" i think this explains a lot :lol:
Serap E.
The Itsy Bitsy Spider

Postby AdaL » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:03 pm

fluffy wrote:Jim can afford the best lawyers and investigators so hopefully justice will prevail in this case.

I hope he sues the fucker for every penny of his legal expenses incurred through this. :evil:
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby Serap E. » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:27 pm

New article at people.com:

"In a statement provided to PEOPLE Saturday, Burton's lawyer, Michael J. Avenatti, said: "Jim Carrey and his 'fixers' are trying to distract people away from the fact that Carrey gave Cat three STDs, lied about it, dumped her, called her a whore (her words), and then gave her illegal drugs that she overdosed on."

In a response, Carrey's lawyer, Singer, said: "Mr. Avenatti's statements are defamatory. He is trying to deflect from the fact that his client has no right to sue by sending to the media carefully edited texts with significant redactions."
Serap E.
The Itsy Bitsy Spider

Re: Jim Carrey Statement about Lawsuit.

Postby cotton » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:50 pm

Where is the proof he called her a whore and what was the story that goes with it?
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby AdaL » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:03 pm

cotton wrote:Where is the proof he called her a whore and what was the story that goes with it?

There's no proof. It refers to the letter she wrote which magically popped into pond-scum's hands. Nothing to suggest that Jim said that though.
The lawyer seems as much of an arsehole as he is.. Just unbelievable amount of crap they're spouting.
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby EvaAraujo » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:12 pm

sianlee wrote:Yeah I realise it's wrong to bring other people into this but the more people that can support Jim the better. As in this would have stopped everything in its tracks. Who released the pics? Jim or the other guy?

Jim lawer released the pictures of their Valentine Day.
They were private but in this case he decided to release them . After all this crap I'm not that suprised.

It's frustrating but unfortunately is the damn process.
And please no more Jenny.
Everytime she opens her mouth I shiver. She's the past.
And regarding the STD's.... no more women have come forward. And the one who suposely had them is dead. And the autopsy didn't acuse anything.
So...

We have to wait and see how all if this goes.
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:28 am

AdaL wrote:
cotton wrote:Where is the proof he called her a whore and what was the story that goes with it?

There's no proof. It refers to the letter she wrote which magically popped into pond-scum's hands. Nothing to suggest that Jim said that though.
The lawyer seems as much of an arsehole as he is.. Just unbelievable amount of crap they're spouting.

Ok I thought I missed something
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:10 pm

lmao...'Pond Scum'.........that's a brilliant name for him.....lol....
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby AdaL » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:58 pm

fluffy wrote:lmao...'Pond Scum'.........that's a brilliant name for him.....lol....

It's one of the more ...PG names I have for him. :x
.. 'Green Card' is another.
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby AdaL » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:41 am

Just a definition of 'fair-gaming' and pretty much a description of what's happening to Jim now, for anyone who's unsure about the terms (via reddit) -

"One of their common tactics is actually also tying people up in courts and milking away all their money. If someone is labeled "Fair Game", everyone is empowered to harass and generally try to ruin their lives by any means possible. They have DROVES of lawyers whos jobs are to bring up legal case after legal case against Scientologist-enemies (known as Suppressed Persons) just to wear them down.
"Scientology's founder, L. Ron Hubbard, said all opposition came from what he called "Suppressive Persons" (SPs)— which scientologists claim are "anti-social people who want to destroy anything that benefits humanity."[3] In written policies dating from the mid-1950s, Hubbard told his followers to take a hard line against perceived opponents. In 1955 he wrote, "The purpose of the suit is to harass and discourage rather than to win. The law can be used easily to harass, and enough harassment on somebody who is simply on the thin edge anyway, well knowing that he is not authorized, will generally be sufficient to cause his professional decease. If possible, of course, ruin him utterly".[7]"

Nice people.
Last edited by AdaL on Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AdaL
The Majestic

PreviousNext

Return to The Speakeasy