Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index General Discussion Off Topic

Britain leaves the EU.

Here is where you discuss everything under the sun, just keep it clean.

Britain leaves the EU.

Postby fluffy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:41 am

Major news in the UK this morning. The UK has voted to leave the EU which is triggering all sorts of stuff today. I must add that it was nothing to do with not liking our European friends, it was to do with the appalling management of the EU. Interestingly Scotland and Ireland voted to stay with the EU, so that's opened up another can of worms.......Other European countries are in shock, others are gearing up to propose their own 'leave' polls......Everything has just gone crazy....... :shock:

I have to repeat that it's nothing to do with not liking our European friends, it was the shocking way the EU ran the organisation which prompted the leave. We're not Xenophobic or racist, we just don't like being bullied.
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Re: Britain leaves the EU.

Postby AdaL » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:09 pm

I certainly didn't vote to leave and neither did anyone I know. This is disastrous..we're a laughing stock.
Nobody thinks the EU is perfect but to cut ourselves adrift is the ultimate slicing off the nose to spite the face. Cameron screwed us over and blamed the foreigners and that is sadly what motivated most people to vote out.
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby fluffy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:40 pm

The whole of Scotland voted to stay but the people i know, who voted to leave, did so because the EU was forcing laws and rules on us which were damaging in so many ways. If they had been open to compromise things might have been different. Either way everything is going to change now, Sweden, Denmark, The Czech Republic and France are gearing up to go for their own refs. If the EU folds i wonder if they will propose a brand new EU, one with transparency and accountability? It might actually be a good thing for the EU, time will tell..... :)
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Canadian Jayne » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:54 am

These are changing and tempestuous times
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:50 pm

The whole world seems to be falling apart............ :(
Fluffy