Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index General Discussion Off Topic

feel it break

Here is where you discuss everything under the sun, just keep it clean.

Postby fluffy » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:45 pm

and i haven't a clue about the god thing............i'm spritual, i do feel there is something............but i'm not sure what............and i'm not ready to make that journey yet................ :wink:

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby jims_lost_daughter » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:45 pm

fantastic_voyage wrote:
jimliker wrote:oh dear sweety....dont worry have faith in GOd....

Yeah, but what if some people don't believe in God?? Wouldn't it better to have faith in one's self?

(FYI: I believe in God, but I think it's arrogant and presumptuous to think that *everyone* believes in God. It's a diverse world we live in. Allow for space for differing opinions)

That is a very good point. I dont think she is trying to say that everyone believes in God, I think she is just stating what she thinks should be done like everyone else. But you do make a good point. People should have faith in themselves before they try to have faith in anyone or anything else.
jims_lost_daughter
Yes Man

Postby Filomena » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:55 pm

A broken heart is one of the most tragic things in the world.

It's the worst feeling in the world to be in love with someone, and that person doesn't even know you exist. And then the question is, how do you get over that person? How do you get rid of these emotions?

Love is such a strong feeling, I don't think it matters how old you are, or what your faith is.

The only thing worse than unrequited love, is living with someone you don't love.

I don't want to sound like the Jay Giles Band, but sometimes, Love Stinks.
The truth shall set you free.
Filomena
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby jimliker » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:57 pm

jims_lost_daughter wrote:
fantastic_voyage wrote:
jimliker wrote:oh dear sweety....dont worry have faith in GOd....

Yeah, but what if some people don't believe in God?? Wouldn't it better to have faith in one's self?

(FYI: I believe in God, but I think it's arrogant and presumptuous to think that *everyone* believes in God. It's a diverse world we live in. Allow for space for differing opinions)

That is a very good point. I dont think she is trying to say that everyone believes in God, I think she is just stating what she thinks should be done like everyone else. But you do make a good point. People should have faith in themselves before they try to have faith in anyone or anything else.

ok ok fine dont believe in GOD....believe in urself..though i meant the same as saying believe in God means believing in urself

anyway dont believe in God...there, now u both r happy.

i wont give any advice to anybody from now on....i have promised myself...dont make it a big deal....ok

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby thecablegal » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:25 pm

Priya, hunny, you can still give advice. The person was only saying what is the truth, we don't all believe in God.
I sort of believe in it, like Fluffy stated earlier. I'm just not sure WHY I believe in it.

Your advice is the best advice. Don't EVER think that you shouldn't give it because someone won't agree with you. We don't live in a perfect world.

Peace :D
Muse - 10, 11, 14, 22 & 23 November 2006
Muse - Wembley Stadium - 16 & 17 June 2007
Muse - Royal Albert Hall - 12 April 2008
Muse - 10 November 2009 & 13 November 2009
Muse - 11 September 2010
thecablegal
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby mav » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:43 pm

yes jimliker, your advice is good....jld is only mulling on it....

re fantastic_voyage comment "arrogant and presumptuous"...no comments!
-
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby jimliker » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:02 pm

tks thecablegal & mav.......i understand they dont believe in God .....but i didnt know that when i wrote my advice to Jims_lost_daughter.

its ok i am not forcing anyone to believe in God.....i was just giving my advice.....but its not fair that both Jims_lost_daughter & fantastic_voyage single me out & comment on my advice. If they dont like it just simply ignore it....why do they make a big deal out of it?......i didnt mean any harm to both of them :?

jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby lammy » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:21 pm

Don't feel bad....some people just want to hear nice things and sometimes the thruth is a bit much for them...as for me-I will not advice anyone anymore here either...I'll refer them to the bible or a phsycologist instead- :lol:
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby jimliker » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:19 pm

welll said Lammy :lol:

jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby thecablegal » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:29 pm

I prefer to hear the good advice AND the bad advice.
People HAVE to take criticism, else they'll never learn.
Muse - 10, 11, 14, 22 & 23 November 2006
Muse - Wembley Stadium - 16 & 17 June 2007
Muse - Royal Albert Hall - 12 April 2008
Muse - 10 November 2009 & 13 November 2009
Muse - 11 September 2010
thecablegal
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby lammy » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:00 pm

Yes but when you give advice someone else wants to tell you you have your head up in your behind- :roll:
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:43 pm

There is surely a way to give someone advice without being mean.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

I think.....

Postby Canadian Jayne » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:19 pm

You need a great big huggggg from all of us and to know that you are loved and that we care about you. I'm sending one by telekinesis if it's possible.VRROOOOOOM there it goes, hope you receive it......
If you know someone you trust and can sit down and talk with or just tell people and put a sad face on and say (don't forget to pout)
"I need a hug" some of us are kinetic and just need a hug(nothing else)
To be acknowledged that we exist.
Group Hug in sending to Lost D.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby wonderbunny » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:57 pm

I woke up this morning feeling, well lonely. I know everyonce in a while there are days when I think what the heck happened? When all I want to do is curl up in a fuzzy blanket and pretend my heart isn't broken. JLD I don't have any magic words. I happen to put it in God's hands. For those who don't believe, all I can say; there's is an empowerment that goes with Faith in God. I thank him everday that he's in control. Because I can complicate a sneeze. Which reminds me, Bruce Almighty is on television this week. 3 days in a row! How cool is that! I love that movie. It makes belief in God pretty easy!
wonderbunny
Lemony Snicket

Postby Clemmy » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:34 pm

Hey JLD, how do you feel? Have you sought any kind of help from your family or school counselor? Sometimes we just feel lonely even amidst many people, a felling that might indicate depression and be only the tip of the iceberg. The first thing you have done already ... acknowledged your feelings... but moving away from this state is not easy... and people around you most of the time don't know how to help. You should not take this burdeon upon yourself alone... let us know how you are doing.
Clemmy
Dumb and Dumber To

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic