Jim Carrey Online

Oscars

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Oscars

Postby Gouliovandamn » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:21 am

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind won best original screen play, and Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events won best make up.....
Gouliovandamn
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby samurai_cable » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:49 pm

And Kate Winslet didn't win anything.............. Hilary Swank is up there accepting her aluminium statue. yay.... i exclaim. I don't want anything to do with this anymore........... the Oscars suck.
"I decided that I wanted to make movies that would uplift people." - Jim Carrey
samurai_cable
I Love You Phillip Morris

Postby jimliker » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:19 pm

The guy (i am sorry i dont know his name)who accepted award for best make up for Lemony snicket said that "he wants to share this award with Jim Carrey who sat for weeks to give many ideas & Jim would have done his make up himself if given a chance." 8)

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Cheryl Anna » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:08 am

Jamie Foxx won for best actor for "Ray". He was great. It is so hard to portray a handicapped person accurately, but he did a wonderful job. (It is even hard to be handicapped-or as I am-becoming handicapped since I was 17 with a genetic brain disease called Cerebellar Ataxia.)
The first time I saw Jamie Foxx, as well as Jim Carrey, was on "In Living Color'. I watched it when it was on the air.
At the end of one show, Jim Carrey stood nearby while his little daughter, Jane, danced in circles. I thought, "He's cute, but there must be a wife nearby." That was a while ago. We were all much younger then, and I used a walker, then -now I use a wheelchair more. He was married then, now he's not.
THE OSCARS: I like to watch the show every year, and ooh and aw at what the stars wear. This year, the girls didn't wear so much jewelry.
If I had an invitation to the Oscars-I'd go. (I can walk with support.)
Cheryl Anna
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby jimlover » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:22 pm

this year's oscar was so boring without Jim.I saw it just for bcoz his films were there in the nominations. the oscar really suck. :evil:
[i][b]Somebody to luv me(Jim)[/b][/i]
jimlover
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Filomena » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:04 pm

I'm so glad Eternal Sunshine won for best screenplay. Charlie Kaufman is so original.

As for Jim, I don't think he really cares whether he gets an Oscar or not, although I'm sure he's frustrated when he doesn't even get a nomination.

I'm sure he was watching them at home with Jane, eating a bag of chips and drinking pop, like the rest of us. (well not me, bc I crashed out early and actually got 8 hours sleep for a change)
Filomena
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Return to Stop The Press!