Jim Carrey Online

Why wasn't Jim at the Oscar's?

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Why wasn't Jim at the Oscar's?

Postby moviebuff » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:37 pm

Someone probably already started a thread on this, but I was wondering, where was Jim?
I noticed that there was a major slump this year in the Oscars and I think it was because Jim wasn't there.
Does anyone know why?

Kate
"The World is Quiet Here"
moviebuff
Finders Keepers

Postby carreypunkrawker » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:17 pm

probably cause sitting through a four hour or longer show is boring and if Jim isn't called up on stage for an award, he doesn't want to go. That's my best guess. . . and cotton's. hehehe. so if he wasn't nominated, he'll make the Oscars slumpy and not go.
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby Gouliovandamn » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:43 pm

yeah he sat it out because there is no point in him attending when he is not presenting or getting nominated..... boo the academy... give the man a freaking nomination already
Gouliovandamn
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby cotton » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:41 am

I think he said on Howard Stern that the only reason he goes to the award shows is because there is an audience otherwise he wouldn't go at all. So it sounds like Jim will only go when he can present an award or recieve one so he can perform for the audience(What a ham!). And like Carreypunkrawker said those shows are long and boring. I wouldn't blame him for not wanting to sit through that.
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby jimlover » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:00 pm

He did the right thing to not attending the oscar ceromony.I think he did not go b coz he felt hurt b coz he did not get nominated after such a gud performance in ESOTM.
[i][b]Somebody to luv me(Jim)[/b][/i]
jimlover
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby jimliker » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:58 pm

Jim was at home, sitting in front of the TV with a bag of chips & rooted for Jamie Foxx. :)

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby FutureStar1977 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:24 am

If I was Jim, I would not have gone either. The ONLY things that might have gotten me to go was to support Kate since she was nominated for ESOTSM or if I got to be onstage presenting an award.

HOWEVER, call me a sore loser if you want, but it would bother me a lot if my co-star got nominated and I did not. If I was Jim, I would be sick to death of that crap. LOL Jim got such good reviews for ESOTSM by the people and the critics alike but does not even get a nomination. WTF?
Jim Carrey Is My Inspiration!-
http://www.jimcarreyworld.com
FutureStar1977
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby jims_lost_daughter » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:07 am

i wish he was there. it owuld have made things better. he should have been nominated. Eternal Sunshine is an asome movie!
jims_lost_daughter
Yes Man

Postby lammy » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:29 am

I did not watch it but, Jim is a very excellent Actor and his talent is good enough to win all the categories, and zo I think that is why he doesn't get nominated-he's just FANTASTIC!

Can no one do "characters" like Jim!

My opinion :wink: :D
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Return to Stop The Press!